E3DC Remote Storage Control Protocol (RSCP)

Yes, it does. Thx. I tried and it runs.

Thank you too. It’s perfect and I understand the instruction.

Great integration!

Setup is now working. Not sure what helped to resolve the issue, but I have restarted and updated home assistant in the meantime.
The integration is working fine with my E3DC S10 Mini.
Do I understand correctly that this integration takes the information out of the E3DC Cloud, whereas the Modbus Integration gets the information locally from the inverter?

It would be great if more information and settings on the installed wallbox would be accessible.

No, this is a direct local connection. Network access is required for authentication, as the E3DC authenticates your user account against the cloud service. Apart from that, everything uses a local connection.

As a consequence, this also means that the integration right now is unavailable as long as there is an internet connection outage. The special connection scheme required here currently is not implemented.

RSCP would support a cloud mode, where pye3dc gets all information from the E3DC servers, this, too, is not yet implemented.

There are a number of issues open to this respect.

3.5.0 has been released, fixing a few minor bugs with power meter handling and sensor values.

Bumps HASS requirement to 24.01.

Hallo zusammen,
ich glaube ich muss mal eine blöde Frage stellen :roll_eyes: wo genau / oder was genau ist die device Id für das E3DC gerät?
Die Seriel Nr. ist doch nicht nicht oder? habe damit leider auch nicht den Dienst für die Entladesperre zum laufen bekommen.

Aus der Services.yaml:
set_power_limits:
fields:
device_id:
required: true
example: “64d3b74a1bcf319288844ff9e93e4010
selector:
device:

Dear Torben, I have a E3/DC S10E and S10Epro working in farming. Here you can see screenshots of my settings. As far as I can see the figures are rather strange. Can you help me to find a solution for this problem. Thank you very much for your help. Regards, Martin

Hi all,

Das ist die ID des Config-Eintrags, Du kriegst Sie am einfachsten über die GUI, Entwicklerwerkzeuge → Dienste, dort hast Du ein Dropdown, bei dem Du den passenden E3DC auswählen kannst (normalerweise ist das ja nur einer). Wenn Du dann in den YAML-Mode wechselst, zeigt er Dir das fertige Snippet an, was Du brauchst.

Darüber hinaus findest Du sie, wenn Du über die Admin-Oberfläche das Gerät aufmachst, da hängt die Nummer hintenan:

https://your_ha/config/devices/device/SOME_CRYPTIC_NUMBER

Please create an issue on GitHub with logs and diag dump. Can’t help you on a screenshot here.

Cheers, Torben

Guten Morgen Torben,

wäre es möglich die Menge des Notstroms über die Integration zu setzen? So könnte man den Verbrauch des geladenen Stroms besser steuern.

Beispiel: Der Akku wird tagsüber auf 100% geladen. Der Tibberpreis liegt beim Sonnenuntergang bei 0,23€. Morgens dann aber bei 0,31€. Da würde ich gerne abends den Wert für den Notstrom auf 4500 setzen unf morgens dann auf 0.

Gruß
Dirk

Hi,

Das kannst Du viel einfacher über die Power Limits erreichen. Setze das Discharge Limit in der Zeit, in der Du keine Energie aus dem Speicher nehmen willst, auf 0 W. Die Notstromreserve ist vermutlich zwar steuerbar, ich würde diese aber nicht als Werkzeug für eine Entladekontrolle verwenden. (Siehe Services in der Readme, set & clear power limits)

1 Like

Cant connect to my E3DC

I filled all fields.
Username: Your E3DC portal user name
Password: Your E3DC portal password
Hostname: The Hostname or IP address of the E3/DC system
RSCP Password: This is the encryption key used in RSCP communications._
But only responce is: Invalid authentication
what happened? the ip is only xxx.xxx.xxx.xx i think?
thanks for help
PS: Antworten auf deutsch werden gerne gesehen :wink:

Wenn alles korrekt eingegeben wurde, sollte das eigentlich gehen. Bitte beachte auch, dass Dich der E3DC nur reinlässt, wenn Du im gleichen IP Subnetz bist. Siehe Readme.

Bitte teste das noch mal mit der 3.6, wenn sie dann raus ist, die gibt etwas klarere Fehlermeldungen, dort habe ich das ganze Exception Handling überarbeitet. Eine Beta davon gibt es schon, die hat aber noch ein paar Eigenheiten bei der Autokonfiguration auf den E3DC, kann also sein, dass die nicht sauber läuft bei Dir.

Wenn es mit der 3.6 final immer noch nicht klar ist, was los ist, bitte auf Github ein Ticket anlegen (bitte in Englisch dort, wenn möglich). Bitte dann auch die Exceptions aus dem Log dazu, dort sieht man meist mehr als im Frontend alleine.

Hi wittimagic
guess I´ve the same constellation here. TIBBER and E3DC S10X with 21kw battery Pack and IR-heaters. We still have an all-wooden house so we can go with IR-heaters and a fireplace.
We still run the complete configuration since 13th Jan 2024 ( all new) .
Tibber and E3DC is a wonderful combination as we can see in the last weeks.
Our power consumption in Dec 23 was 660kWh , Jan 540kWh and we expect now ( system full running now ) Feb<200kwH from the grid.

Still we made "manually power control and fetch some kW in the cheap timber times in the night. So we have 50% battery charge when we start arround 6 o’clock.

So question - Did you made an automation with the TIBBER integration and this integration here - power manually from grid to battery if timber price is cheap ?
If yes - would you share this with us ?

Thanks
Frank

3.6.0 final has been released today, with these highlights:

It fixes a few annoying bugs with the autodetection of additional powermeters. If you experience any additional glitches with your powermeters, please file an issue at GitHub, adding a diagnostic dump. Please take the dump at a time where your powermeter actually reads any values, this makes debugging much easier.

Additionally, I’ve reworked the internal error handling. This will give us clearer error handling especially on authentication errors and on service execution. The changes are in preparation for a second step that will yield localized error messages.

Attention: If your E3DC gets updated to firmware P10_2023_06, you will quite probably run into exceptions regarding missing RSCP tags, which effectively breaks the integration. So far as we can tell right now, E3DC changed the API silently, it does no longer match the published information.

As an immediate workaround, I have published 3.6.1-beta.1, which should disable the corresponding code path in the E3DC integration. I’m currently testing this with a few users to validate the workaround. In the meantime I’m in contact with fsanti, the owner of the underlying pye3dc library to find a permanent solution.

More information and the current state of affairs can be found at the issue trackers:

and

Please stay patient, we’re working on this.

Torben

2 Likes

The workaround in 3.6.1 has been validated:

1 Like

Hallo, habe es jetzt nochmals mit der 3.6.2 versucht. Gleiches Ergebnis. Mit genau der selben Meldung. Die Daten stimmen - damit greife ich über andere Systeme auf die e3dc zu. Im gleichen Subnetz bin ich auch. Schade das es nicht auf die einfache Art geht.
Gruß

Hallo @pendragon1967

An der Authentifizierung habe ich nichts geändert gehabt. Kannst Du bitte mal das Debug Logging aktivieren und mir das Debug Log (bitte als ZIP) an torben nehmer net schicken?

Viele Grüße
Torben

Version 3.7.0 has been released, adding support for multiple E3DC units in one HACS installation. Thanks thijsdewitt for his contribution to this!