Easee EV charging station

Hello, I have just installed the integration via HACS, rebooted HA but I cannot find it in Configuration > Integrations. Is there anything lese I should do ?

Did you click the «+ Add integration»-button at the bottom and search for it there? You should find it in the list, click it and it will be configured. You will be asked for username and password to log into Easee cloud.

I did but it’s not there:

Ok, that’s strange. Perhaps a hard refresh (ctrl+f5) of the webpage helps? I’ve seen sometimes that caching hides newly installed stuff. If not, I would try to click on the reinstall button and check the logs for any error messages saying why it is not installed properly.

ctrl+F5 did the trick, thanks

could you share your code for Charger Card ? For me it doesn’t seem to work. It only shows the name of the charger and disconnected.

The charger-card can be setup in UI, so no code should be necessary. I’m guessing that you only setup the main sensor of Easee integration?

Click on Config → Integration and then click the Configure-button on the Easee integration. In the popup there is a dropdown menu with “Charger sensors monitored”. Select all (or the ones you want). Then the card should also catch them.

looks much better now, thank you very much. What about the toolbar ? How do I configure it ? I have nothing there by default.

The default toolbar is state dependent, so if charger is disconnected there are no actions. Once the car is connected or any other state, the default actions should appear. You can test by going to Developer Tools and simulate the state of the main status sensor (for instance ‘charging’) and it should appear in the card too.

I have changed it to charging in Developer Tools, it shows charging in the card but toolbar is still empty.

Something must be wrong in your simulation, because the card is still showing disconnected (and should show charging). I see it says charging with smaller font below, that is a sensor called reason_for_no_current (kindof a substatus). Are you sure you didn’t simulate the wrong sensor?

ok, I found it. It works. Just one small thing in compact mode while charging the data table looks like below. The third line is cut.

Sounds good. I see that the layout is not optimal, and perhaps it should be better implemented. But I suspect it is since it says “unavailable” and that this text takes too much space. If so, it should look better if you enable all available sensors from the Easee integration. If you don’t want them it is also possible to customize which data is shown (called “stats”) but it get’s slightly more complicated with custom yaml code.

I have enabled all, but maybe they show unavailable as there is no data to show as I don’t have an electric car yet and the wallbox was just installed.

Ok. That sounds strange, they should be available even if car is not connected. All of my sensors are available also when the car is away. I’m assuming the charger is powered and online, right?

Perhaps you could check the naming of the sensors? Sometimes, when something goes wrong during setup, I’ve seen HA create sensors with _2 or something to the default names. The card as of now is a bit stupid, it just ask for a main sensor and assumes the other sensors just follows the default structure (for instance my main sensor is sensor.easee_1_status so it assumes my power sensor to be sensor.easee_1_power just by using the first part from main sensor and looking for _power). If this is the case, perhaps removing the integration, restarting HA and deleting all unavailable sensors and then reinstall would work? You can also check in HA if sensors are really unavailable by going to the Integrations page and click on the “xx entities” link on Easee. This should show a red icon for the ones that are not available.

3 sensors are unavailable current, power and energy. I will remove integration and add it back.

I have removed the integration, restarted HA added back the integration, configured all sensors and the same 3 are unavailable. There are 24 entities in total.

Sounds right, I’ve got 24 as well, but I don’t know why they would appear unavailable in your installation. I’m out of ideas except for checking the log for details, preferably with logger set to debug level although error messages should show up by default. Can’t remember anyone had this kind of issue with the integration so far, but it seems like something is wrong.

I don’t see any error related to this integration in the log. Maybe once I plug in a car those sensors will be available. I will ask a friend to come to charge his car.

I confirm that after I plugged a car once all the sensors are available. All looks good now.

1 Like