Easee EV charging station

I tried also the service in service from dev tools, it does not give any feedback… but also not working i think

I think you’re right, if I remember correctly there are some of these “excotic” services that don’t give any feedback from the API. So I guess the result would just be an indication in log, but I can’t remember which level (debug/info).

Hm yes. When i click reload on your card configs that is there in default, the reboot or smart charging works. I think thats just the update firmware. I see, that i have v289 on my easee… but i dont find something to update in the app on my phone… really strange.

If i click Update Firmware left of reboot button on the card, it doesnt do anything

Think my firmware is to old for that support but i also dont have any buttons in easee to update

Hi

Im struggling to add this repository. Getting this error: invalid add-on repository

Any hints on what im doing wrong? Using https://github.com/fondberg/easee_hass/ When adding it to HACS

From the supervisor log : 21-11-18 18:16:31 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.store] https://github.com/fondberg/easee_hass/ is not a valid add-on repository

@Frank_E are you trying to add the repo or did you try to just search for it in HACS? It is there by default., so it should appear just by searching for Easee.

Also, I think the error message you give from supervisor suggests that you have tried to add an Add-on. This is not the same as HACS, but Add-ons are something the HA Supervisor uses to run Docker containers for special add-ons. Go to HACS instead.

Thank You!

Not sure if this is related to the energy dashboard or the Equalizer integration but give it a try here first.
I found out that using the lifetime consumption entity from the Equalizer in the Energy dashboard reports hourly consumption that are exactly 1 hour delayed.

Look at the example below. The energy dashboard showed that I used 5.9 kWh during 9AM and 10AM this morning while in fact this was between 8AM and 9AM according to an hourly energy sensor that I made using the utility meter:

#Consumption every hour
utility_meter:
  energy:
    source: sensor.easee_equalizer_home_import_energy
    name: Hourly Energy Consumption
    cycle: hourly

Energy dashboard

Hourly sensor showing 5.9 kWh is the last period, energy dashboard should show 5.6 kWh for the time period 9AM to 10AM, not 5.9 kWh

As an extra comment, I also checked on the norwegian el-hub platform and can confirm that the value given by the utility meter are correct with respect to the time. The energy dashboard is 1 hour delayed.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

How can I change to one phase Mode?

I’m trying to make an automation for load balancing, but I’m having some trouble to identify which service to use. I’ve tried all three services (set_circuit_dynamic_limit, set_charger_dynamic_limit, set_charger_circuit_dynamic_limit) but no one of them changes the dynamic current every time I use them. Sometimes set_circuit_dynamic_limit work, next time it doesn’t, same goes for the other two.
What is the difference between these?

Are there any restriction when using these? Or are just the easee cloud service really really unstable.

Im also wondering this. Bought a easee just to get the option to control the charge rate for all our cars charging at home.

Ive tried changig state for the sensors (max_charger_limit, max_circuit_limit, and the dynamics_charger_limit, and dynamic_circuit_limit)
None of the do anything when I change them.

However, when calling the service it worked. So if anyone here could clear things up a bit for me I`d be happy :slight_smile:

service: easee.set_charger_circuit_dynamic_limit
data:
  charger_id: EH9xxxyyy
  currentP1: 10
  currentP2: 10
  currentP3: 10

@Anders_Karlstrom; you should use the dynamic limits for automations since the other ones (not named dynamic) are not intended to be written too often (see API). Circuit is for a circuit with several chargers (the circuit breaker supplying the chargers) and the charger is for each charger. Circuit can only be written to a master.

To my experience they work well, but to find out why it doesn’t you should enable logging on debugging level to see what is going on. It may be that the cloud is down, but it should give an error message (and it doesn’t happen that often in my experience).

@Morbus; it is not clear to me what you mean by “tried changing state for the sensors”, what did you try to do? Or are you referring to the lovelace card? If the services are working fine, the rest should be working too. Please let us know in better detail to help.

Cheers.

@tormagj I tried setting the state for those sensors to control the charging state. (from node-red) But they are maybe just reflecting the charge rate value from the easee charger, not controlling the charge rate?

It was not clear to me (I couldnt find any instructions) how we are supposed to control the charge rate.

Do you know the difference between the services calls:
set_circuit_dynamic_limit,
set_charger_dynamic_limit,
set_charger_circuit_dynamic_limit

If I have understood everything correctly you can have multiple chargers controlled from one main circuit, they are then controlled by the master charger. That’s why there are several options here. The “set_circuit_dynamic_limit” applies for the main unit and it’s underlying slaves as a total.

The ones with “charger” in them sets the limit for that specific charger.
I might be wrong but I only use the the set_charger_dynamic_limit

@Morbus; Yes, you cannot set state of these sensors - they are read from the charger and can only be changed by using the services. You should never try to overwrite any sensors from node-red like this.

The only difference between set_circuit_dynamic_limit and set_charger_circuit_dynamic_limit is what you give as input to the service: either circuit_id or charger_id. So both control the same value inside the charger which is the circuit limit - a common limitation for several chargers (assume you have two chargers and set 20A, then these two chargers share 20A between themselves) so it represents the circuit breaker and can only be given to a master charger (if you have several).

set_charger_dynamic_limit is a limit for each charger (say you had 20A in circuit limit, you could also set 10A for each if you prefer, or if you have 63A in circuit you could still limit each charger to 10A or whatever you would prefer). If you only have one charger, there is in practice no difference between circuit or charger.

We know our documentation is non-exisiting for now (it was started on for a official integration, but then this work was stopped since it took too much time). However, you find lots of good information on the Easee API.

1 Like

Hello,

regarding

I have a few initial questions: (thinking of buying an easee charger)

• Does the integration with the charger happen over local network or is the pyeasee using internet and some cloud service to communicate with the charger?

• Does it require any additional hardware in the electrical wiring to the house?

• Basically: Is it enough with the actual charger and a local network that allows direct communication between HA and the charger?

• Is the integration using modbus?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

The charger talks to the Easee cloud service via wifi or the included 4G connection. HA with the Easee integration communicates with the cloud. Easee has no local API.
No extra hardware needed.
No modbus.

Thank you!

Regarding the HACS integration I have a couple of additional questions:

• Are there any other entities/devices apart from the default sensor? I am reading the Readme.md and it does not tell if I will be able to loadbalance through the integration by e.g. setting a max charge kW value or a switch to allow or disallow charging. Looking briefly at the source code suggests there are more to this integration than what is written in the Readme?

There is much more in the integration than in Readme.md. We basically expose all functions available in the public API except procedures for account management and installation of the charger.
The API is described here Overview .
You can definitely manage load balancing and starting and stopping charging, monitor the power on individual phases and so on.

1 Like

Thank you!

Brilliant integration - thanks a lot!

Any plans on adding suport for “long term statistics” so we can show statistics and graphs of charging for longer period of time like months or years?

Would be awesome for a statistics nerd like me :blush:

Edit:
Just realized it’s already there :grinning: But how can I get one bar per day/month instead of this increasing graph? So that the electric consumption per day/month is represented with a bar. Does anyone know?

Similar to this: