Eastron sdm630 v3 Modbus integration

Hello everyone,

I would like to integrate a smart meter Eastron sdm630 v3 in HomeAssistant 2023.11 (untouched
fresh system on Raspberry 4b 4GB), with a USB to RS485 Cable Built-in FTDI chip.

I have not yet been able to find any instructions for this, so I would be very grateful for your help.

Thank you very much for your help

configuration.yaml

modbus:
  - name: SDM630
    type: serial
    method: rtu
    port: /dev/ttyUSB0
    baudrate: 9600
    stopbits: 1
    bytesize: 8
    parity: N
    sensors: !include sdm630_addresses.yaml

Source: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/modbus/#configuring-serial-connection

sdm630_addresses.yaml (only one register to test)

- address: 0
  count: 2
  data_type: float32
  input_type: input
  name: Phase 1 line to neutral volts
  precision: 2
  slave: 1
  unit_of_measurement: Volts

Source: Copy & Paste from various sources on the internet

Error message YAML configuration reloading

Failed to call service homeassistant/reload_all. 
Cannot quick reload all YAML configurations because the configuration is not valid: 
Invalid config for [modbus]: Phase 1 line to neutral volts: `count: 2` cannot be combined with `data_type: float32` @ data['modbus'][0]['sensors'][0]. Got {'address': 0, 'count': 2, 'data_type': 'float32', 'input_type': 'input', 'name': 'Phase 1 line to neutral volts', 'precision': 2, 'slave': 1, 'unit_of_measurement': 'Volts', 'scan_interval': 15}. 
(See /config/configuration.yaml, line 13).

I assume you already got it working? You don’t need “count: 2” here.

I will also be getting one of those. My setup will be quite different though since I need to bridge the distance between the energy meter and the home assistant via WiFi, as there is no ethernet/serial connection available.

I have never attempted such a project but the goal is to use a Raspberry Pi 3 with a HAT to convert that RTU connection to a Modbus TCP one. HA should then connect to the IP of the Raspberry Pi 3 which offers Modbus TCP.

So I don’t have the data yet in HA but I do have the data on a remote Raspberry Pi in Node Red. There is a nice starter template that I was successfully able to adapt to my serial connection: https://flows.nodered.org/flow/eb051b360f09c315ac961f85b94a0c05

I have it working! No Node Red needed. I have used ser2net and the tcp-rtu connection with OPs addresses (minus the count:2). I will attempt to get more data in.

Edit: It is working I think. I will check tomorrow morning and report with a screenshot. Once that is done I will post my configuration here for others to copy.