Easy Clean Install?

Looks like I’m going to be doing a clean install here soon. I have two questions.

1. I was going to do the AiO installer because that’s just what I’m used to and have used thus far and had good luck. Any reason to NOT do the AiO and do one of the other options?

2. Is there an easy way to get back up and running without doing the entire install for some components outside of HA? i.e. Let’s Encrypt and DuckDNS. Is there just no way around going through the whole setup for them again?

My plan was to backup all my .yaml files and copy them over after the clean install. But obviously there’s many other files involved.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Well, stick with the one you installed with, because all of your paths would theoretically be the same.

Unfortunately, the components outside of HA, you have to reconfigure from scratch.

1. No reason to not use the AiO installer if you like it.

2. Not sure about duckdns, but for letsencrypt I saved the whole folder /etc/letsencrypt.
    …well, actually, I made a tarball of both /etc and /home, and restored the parts I wanted after the installation. :wink:

1 Like