Easy way to make HA accessible remotely(without DDNS+PORT FORWARDING)

Yes for Google/Alexa skill but it use maybe 30% of HA users.
Safe login from outside your network to HA instance i think, 99% users will use it.
So this is a idea. 2 bussines plan for HA cloud.

PS. Sorry for my english.

I agree that with this feature the cloud service will get way more popular! Might even bring the price down (hopefully).

What’s the idea behind this? Why do you have a team developing this specifically for home-assistant? Is there any business interest or what?

I just fail to see the point of this. It’s one thing if I share some code on GitHub but I don’t get why a 3rd part would offer this as a solution? You obviously need to put money and time into this, not only to develop but also to host etc.

1 Like

Because they are not a small team like they claimed.

They have LOT money to burn.

http://whois.cnnic.cn/WhoisServlet?queryType=Domain&domain=molo.cn

Can we be sure that tencent own the domain, or that the mailadress is faked?

molo.cn is a cname for 3cd1a3cae076156e56db608fd0e67ff1.qcloudwzgj.com

If molo.cn says they are a small group and DNS lookup shows they are not… or if tencent.com mailaddress is faked to cover something up… do you trust it either way?

It’s just a matter bringing all the facts to the table.

qcloudwzgj.com is a Cloudflare-like product provided by Tencent Cloud. This CNAME record means nothing

I just highlighted email address is because that part is in English. The Registrant field shows Tencent’s legit company name.

.cn domain is highly regulated on this field, it has to be a legit company name or a person’s name. You need provide government issued business registration or government issued ID card to prove the legit of registrant.

I see. This does not in anyway increase people’s trust so to speak.

Thanks, I read it and find SSL Interception works only when a CA certificate preinstalled. If a CA certificate can be installed just like fiddler, I think a lot of things can happen. So can I say Https is safe when client is not hacked?:slightly_smiling_face:

I found this services can’t be accessed last night?

That she needs to remember when outside to activate the VPN (press an icon on home page, the OPENVPN app) and only then open HASS (press another icon on home page).
When at home she should not connect through openvpn but directly with HASS.

Otherwise sooner or later have to deactivate the VPN on the phone because not all services works (by the way why is that, it happens also on my android phone).

I tried there is definitely A negative WAF

If you have a better solution I am all ears!

Get her phone to turn off the VPN when it connects to your home wifi.

EDIT: oh and vice versa too of course.

If it is an iOS device you can set it up to automatically activate VPN when accessing certain URLs. There is no need to do anything on the user side if set up correctly.

Ohh thats cool, I tried to find a link with instructions but could not find it. You know if its possible also with Android?

EDIT: Found this solution for anyone interested, basically you change the ovpn file, so this solution will work both android and ios

https://support.hidemyass.com/hc/en-us/articles/202720536-Using-VPN-for-specific-websites-IPs-only

1 Like

Hi…

Being secure from hackers is one thing.

The other thing, I’m looking at is, how to stop people with whom we share the site do not fiddle around by switching on or off things for the heck of it which could be an irritant for others in the house.

As such I was thinking if there are 3 level of users or roles buitl-in that would help avoid this issue.
Level 1 - Read Only / Display Only access basically to share the info, we want to share [limited pages and not all tabs]. Possibly for an alert etc.
Level -2 - Access to operate but not all components - selective.
Level -3 - Full access like an administrator.

Has anyone thought about it from this angle and done something already…?
Will be glad to know.

There are now two levels of user, but I am not sure how fine grained the permissions are.

You bet, https://github.com/home-assistant/architecture/issues/67

Yes, the Goals are exactly what I was thinking. Hats off to people who could make it happen.