Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

I created a video in german how to install and confgure this component. Any feedback welcome: https://youtu.be/giyo6Pv3GLo

So here is what I get about every week. I’m on version 3.8.1. I don’t know what to do to make this last longer. Am I not doing something right to make this stick?

From this screen, what should I be entering? I use the 2FA code from my phone and type in the captcha letters. Seems simple, but maybe I’m over thinking it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.51.32 AM

You need to remove and reinstall to enable the new method. Otherwise it will use the older method.

I removed it, restarted, re-added it via HACS, then restarted again. Not I only see it in HACS and not in the Integrations section. It’s also not prompting me to enter credentials anywhere. Tried this about 3-4 times but I keep getting the same results. Any idea how I can fix this?

I don’t understand what you’re seeing. You said it’s not available in HA and also you can’t enter credentials? I’m not sure how you would enter credentials if you can’t see the integration at all. Hard refresh you cache in your browser.

In the HACS --> Integrations, I see the Alexa Media Player listed.
In Configuration (Gear Icon) --> Integrations it is not listed anymore like it used to be.

I’ve uninstalled it numerous times with reboots after each step and this is all I get. I installed another browser and tried on another computer and I get the same result so it is not a cache issue.

Should I see it show up in the Configuration (Gear Icon) --> Integrations screen? I was assuming this is where it would show up and where it would allow me to enter my login credentials and all that.

You should delete the video asap. Everyone can access your 2nd factor with that QR code.

1 Like

This is really a HACS debugging issue but do you see the alexa_media directory under your config/custom_components directory? If not HACS didn’t install it correctly. If it’s there, then it’s an HA issue not picking up the component.

Hi Allistah,

Configuration (Gear Icon) --> Integrations screen --> bottom right hand “+ add integration”, then add “Alexa Media Player”.

Simon

Ok, I see it in that list now. Is this the proper login dialog that I should be seeing? Should I uncheck any of the options at the bottom at all to make the login last as long as possible?

Use the defaults. This is all explained on the wiki.

Ok, thanks. I think I got it all going now. Will see how long the login lasts. About how long should the login last now that I’ve done this?

The information that was given to you was in the wiki. The time between logins to expect can be found in this thread. No one can answer it for you as it depends upon your specific circumstance.

Thanks so much for this component! I’m using it to automate a petcube feeder (with integrated Alexa), which worked fine. Today I had to reboot the petcube, and since then the corresponding media_player appears as ‘unavailable’ in HA (using latest Hass.io on R Pi 4).i tried restarting HA, and removing /adding the integration (no issues with Amazon identification /login) but the device still is listed as unavailable. Any ideas what might be going wrong? No error les sages in the log. The petcube itself and its alexa functions are working fine outside of HA.

Love this integration… My only issue is TTS didn’t work… Alexa says it cannot notify.alexa.notification. I’ve tried a different media card (mini) and I’ve tried different approaches via services

The problem solved itself overnight.

After updating to the latest release of HA (2021.3.2) i cannot have anymore working the notify.alexa_media services

When trying to send a command through developers/services i get this error:

fallita chiamata a servizio notify/alexa_media . 'NoneType' object is not iterable"

This happens only in the frontend as all the automation with that service are still working…

Is there maybe a break change with the latest release or what?

Hello,
i have a problem with installing the integration.
following error:
settings2

i have used the internal url, here are my corresponding settings:
–>

–> settings3

What do i do wrong? Thx in advance
Wiesl

notify.alexa_media service works for me through the new UI in Developer Tools.

Have you input the correct data fields with the right indentation?

This is my Yaml

service: notify.alexa_media_mike_s_tablet
data:
  data:
    type: tts

And here it is in the new UI

1 Like

Are you sure it’s https for that port? Typically 8123 is http.