media_content_type: custom

With Alexa you often need to specify the service/skill, so try something like:

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: 'Tell Spotify to shuffle Liked from Radio playlist'
target:
  entity_id: media_player.office

nope, doesn’t work, maybe because we have several accounts on spotify?
I tried this, but just playing music, not my playlist:

data:
  media_content_id: 'Tell Spotify to shuffle Shabat222#222# from Radio playlist'
target:
  entity_id: media_player.living_room
  1. Did you mean to leave in the “from Radio”?

2. Remember that the custom command is like emulating a vocal command… you may be hindering your attempt by using symbols in your playlist name.

As a test, run the following service call:

data:
  media_content_id: 'simon says Shabat222#222#'
target:
  entity_id: media_player.living_room

Listen carefully, then repeat what Alexa outputs as an actual voice command.
If it doesn’t work, you likely need to change your playlist name to something that is more easily parsed.

1. Once you have a playlist name that Alexa can parse, try other phrase variations:
  • ‘Tell Spotify to shuffle playlist Shabat222’
  • ‘Shuffle playlist Shabat222 from Spotify’
  • ‘Tell Spotify shuffle Shabat222’

Shabat222#222# => What kind of a name is that for a playlist ? :laughing:
No wonder it fails :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I suppose media_content_id could be changed to something less of a mouthful like :

media_content_id: 'Shuffle Liked from Radio playlist on Spotify'

This works for me, alexa played the song you specified above on Spotify

data:
  media_content_id: 'play Sonata For Piano And Violin In E Minor'
target:
  entity_id: media_player.office
2 Likes

Same here, but after a while it starts playing tracks from my playlist. And right now, this works immediately:

data:
  entity_id: media_player.echo_wohnen1
  media_content_id: shuffle my playlist mylist
  media_content_type: SPOTIFY

I have to say that my Spotify might be a bit confused since I upgraded to premium a couple of hours ago. But I still get advertisers in the web browser.

There is an Allegro and Minuetto :wink:
Latter works here too:

data:
  entity_id: media_player.echo_wohnen1
  media_content_id: 'play Sonata For Piano And Violin In E Minor, K.304:2. Tempo di minnuetto'
1 Like

I’m trying to start a routine from Alexa using an automation in HA, but it’s not working. I’ve read the wiki and set up an automation like this:

it matches the name in Alexa app:

But when I click on “run actions” in HA, nothing happens…
If I go in Alexa app and press “play routine” then it works

1 Like

I have been searching for updated instructions to get Amazon Alexa configured with home assistant. Most of my attempts have gotten me hours into an install, but then fail because I am unable to find the github repository referenced. While I am at it, I may as well add that I attempted loading another repository and there was a conflict of another already installed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I understood something wrong but I did it this way:
1… Go to Hacs and install AMP
2. Restart
3. Go to Integrations and add AMP
4. Click on configure
5. Fill out the configuration forms (use 2FA) and that’s it.
6. Optional: configure the devices you want or don’t want to expose to alexa

Additional to that what Jörg said: Maybe there are leftovers. Check the .storage folder for the .pickle file.

/config/.storage/alexa_…pickle

Hello,

It appears several of us are having this seemingly random re-authentication issue.

I ran into this about a week ago, spent a 1/2 day fooling with it, restored a backup, lost about 6 hours of work but it worked again. I saw later, here and on reddit that other people were having the same issue and a reboot seemed to help. Obviously this ticked me off learning it after the fact but it didn’t matter because the damage was done and the integration was working again.

Today, again I am receiving the same re-authentication issues. I’m starting to wonder if whenever we’re catching it, the amazon site is having issues, causing us to have the authentication issues but by the time we realize it, catch it, and reboot perhaps those issues are resolved and there’s no longer an authentication issue?

I want to start corralling this issue into a cohesive timeline because several of us are running into it but it’s not getting sustained attention because it seems to be random/temporary.

I’m wondering if I should just leave it alone for a while? I’ve already rebooted core and host. I was working in HA till about 11 last night and there were no issues.

yep, works just fine

strange, for me it dosn’t work yet: changed the name of the playlist but nothing
alexa responds “I can’t find the list my special songs spotify”
The problem is espcialy when trying to play songs not in English (Hebrew my case) so I added them in a playlist “my special songs”

data:
  media_content_id: playlist my special songs
target:
  entity_id: media_player.first_floor

I shuffle my playlists, so I don’t know exactly but it might be media_content_id: play playlist my_playlist
It works her without using play

sorry I don’t understand

Well, I first told you to use play playlist name_of_the_playlist instead of only playlist name_of_the_playlist but I figured it should work the way you did it.
Are you a premium user ?

yes I am a premium user

this worked for me “play xxx playlist from spotify”, where xxx is the playlist name in spotify.