Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

I’m using built in 2FA. No issues with that anymore.

You have to ensure you’ve enabled Enable oauth-token app method. That has been the default for over a year now but if you installed before then and haven’t fully removed and reinstalled the integration, it will use the legacy login setting. Your logs should have a warning message if it’s the old method.

Does anybody know how to turn off/on a fire TV? My echo is linked to the FireTV stick and if I say “Alexa, turn firetv on” Alexa will turn on the tv. With the service call it doesn’t work and to use media_content_type: skill I don’t find any skill id for the FireTV skill

Anyone else having issues with the Alexa Media Player integration? After months and months and months of working great It tells me I need to reconfigure but it tells me either my captcha or password is incorrect over and over which I know neither is. Do I need to do something else like delete the integration and re-add or maybe delete a file or something?

I had same login error this morning.

Same experience here. I ended up deleting the integration, removing the component from HACS, deleting the .pickle file in /config/.storage, restarting HA, adding the component in HACS, restarting HA, and adding the integration. After configuration, all is well again now.

Yes I am having similar problems. I use a password and 2FA with an authentication app. I can login fine to the alexa.amazon.com web site, but just can’t get Alexa Media Player’s reconfigure to work.

EDIT/UPDATE: Got it working, after trying a few more tries followed by a reboot or two of HA.

Thanks, this worked for me.

reboot HA fixed for me. didn’t have to do anything else.

Hey all, is there a way to play a specific playlist by its play list code?

I’m trying to play a playlist called just chill, but it never works. Plays some god awful song, or some random playlist :frowning:

This is for spotify :slight_smile:

I do it like this:

- service: media_player.play_media
              data:
                entity_id: media_player.fire_media_center
                media_content_id: 'shuffle my "your name" playlist on "your speaker or group"'
                media_content_type: custom

Works perfect.
amazon decides itself if spotify or amazon music has to be used.

1 Like

I tried this service call:

service: media_player.media_play
data:
  media_content_id: 'shuffle my "Liked from Radio" playlist on "media_player.office"'
target:
  entity_id: media_player.office

and got this error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:141
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:55:04 AM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:55:22 AM

[281472926992848] Error handling message: extra keys not allowed @ data['media_content_id']. Got None extra keys not allowed @ data['media_content_type']. Got None

I think you need to use the media_player.play_media service, not media_player.media_play

OMG, thanks! Just starting to learn media_player and did not know there were two similar services!

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: shuffle my "Liked from Radio" playlist on "media_player.office"
target:

executed but nothing happened…

Try this, this works for me

data:
  media_content_id: 'shuffle my Liked from Radio playlist'
target:

Thanks but still just the sound of the aquarium pump here!
I’m using Alexa and have SiriusXM and Spotify linked to it. The “Liked from Radio” is a Spotify playlist

I also have Amazon Music…

If you verbally say the phrase ‘shuffle my Liked from Radio playlist’ to your office alexa, does it work ?

This works for me. Deep is an Amazon Music playlist and usually I would use AMAZON_MUSIC as media_content_type but custom works too.

data:
  entity_id: media_player.echo_office
  media_content_id: shuffle my playlist deep
1 Like

She said “liked from radio from spotify” but no audio. I chose the play list in spotify and it started playing on my PC. Changed output to office and no sound so it’s not an HA issue…

can some one help with that: assuming I want to play:

how the syntx will look like, just pasting it doesn’t work for me