Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Hello,

I am in your same situation, have you had any progress?
Has anyone done any tests with Echo Auto? (TTS)

Is anyone else getting constant re-authentication prompts as of about 24 hours ago? I have reauthetnicated about 20 times and it just will not hold the authentication and immediately keeps asking to reauthenticate. I’ve restarted Home Assistant multiple times too, as that usually resolves any issue with authentication. The error I am seeing in the logs is:

alexaapi.get_state((<alexapy.alexaapi.AlexaAPI object at 0x7f7fefbbb0>,), {}): An error occured accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('Login error detected; not contacting API'

2 Likes

The same started for me this morning Robert. Similar error in the logs: ‘alexaapi.get_state((<alexapy.alexaapi.AlexaAPI object at 0x7fa0915a80>,), {}): An error occured accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: (‘Login error detected; not contacting API’,)’

Just found an issue open already for this on Git. Link: https://github.com/custom-components/alexa_media_player/issues/1701

1 Like

Thanks @zav13r. Good to know it’s not just me having the issue. Saves me the hassle of removing and readding the integration. Sounds like something has changed server-side in the API and AMP will need an update to fix this. Hopefully Amazon haven’t started blocking access! We’ll just have to wait patiently I guess.

It started since yesterday… I was removing and reloading the integration again n again. I thought I had done something with HA. Glad to know that the issue has been reported.

Hoping for a fix soon.

1 Like

exactly the same for me…

After the update which arrived earlier, it seems to work again.

OK I’m sorry if this was covered approve, after many many scans through I can’t see it.

My HA is available through cloudflare → HAproxy on pfsence router → HA

but the auth screen when setting up the integration does not pick it up, only thing I can think of is the URL does not need the port cause HAproxy adds it, so if it is trying to get to myha.com:443 it is getting myha.com:8123 form the internal, and I have yet to figure out how to make that happen (everytime I try to add another rule to HA I get an error…)

anyone with the fix?

ok seriously confused by this, the auth page will not load, I can use it to auth spotify, google, you name it… but for some reason this will not load…

So I had to reauth for the first time in a while. Is entering a 2FA code no longer supported? I scrolled up through the thread a bit and saw no mention of it, but I only have the field for 2FA App Key.

Am I missing something?

It asks for it later if needed.

1 Like

I have text to speech working great for all of my devices in the house. Shown in the picture below. My question is I know how to target a specific song or artist using developer tools also shown in the picture below. But is there a way to add the Contant type and ID fields to the mini media player?

I know I can create buttons with Scripts but I want to allow the user to type in and play whatever they want just like the text to speech field

Guys since yesterday, alexa hacs integration is unable to play anything from tunein. I can ask alexa by voice to play a station from TUNEIN but the same station is not working if I send the command from homeassistant.

Please guide how to fix this. It was working fine a till yesterday.

Guys since yesterday, alexa hacs integration is unable to play anything from tunein. I can ask alexa by voice to play a station from TUNEIN but the same station is not working if I send the command from homeassistant.
Please guide how to fix this. It was working fine a till yesterday.

without looking into this… have you tried this as an alternative?
Home · custom-components/alexa_media_player Wiki (github.com)

Yes I am using this way only… it have been using alexa media integration with hacs for months now. Every was working fine … but from past two days nothing is playing from tunein using Hacs but the same is working if I give alexa a voice command to play from tunein.

Plz check if tunein is working for you guys via HACS

Works here as usual. I use it with a Custom.layout-card

type: custom:layout-card
width: 300
max_cols: 3
cards:
  - type: picture
    image: /local/images/jfk.jpg
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: media_player.play_media
      service_data:
        media_content_type: custom
        media_content_id: play JFK Radio Ibiza on TUNEIN
        entity_id: media_player.echo_office2

Don’t know what happened…

For every command(related to TUNEIN) that is send via homeassistant to echo dot. The response from ECHO is the current station is currently not available on TUNEIN. Whereas the same works of I give a voice command…

I have no idea why is this happening.

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_type: custom
  media_content_id: open radio nature from tunein
target:
  entity_id: media_player.echodot

this should play the below stream from tunein.

but if I use homeassistant to send the command(see yaml above) to ECHO dot some other stream is played whereas if I use voice command the correct stream is played.

What am I doing wrong here ?

1 Like

If I use your code with open Natural Mystic Radio is playing.
If I use play I get Ambi Nature Radio which streams sounds from thunder and rain.

Did you try another station? Try JFK Radio Ibiza 'cause I am sure this is working…