Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

alexa
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f4806c140a8>

OK but I can get to alexa speak through my echo plus. I always get “Eso no lo se” message in spanish what meaning Sorry I dont know it in english when I try send text in state home assistant section

Have you tried amazon.es in your configuration.yaml such as:

media_player:
  - platform: alexa
    email: “your amazon email”
    password: “your amazon password”
    url: “amazon.es”

Perhaps you could reply to this guy, @robermf, who has successfully used amazon.es?

Yes I have just tried but no exit. Only works with amazon.com and amazon.com.mx but tts still not working. Alexa says he same error phrase

you probably have the same problem as the italian users.
in the alexa app in routines can you make it that she speaks a custom text?
if not, then TTS is not going to work.

I cannot set a custom text to make Alexa speak with routines, so what does it means?

I think @ReneTode is right. From Alexa wiki page I can see that Echo devices have same availability start date for Italy and Spain so we may have same problem on TTS: we don’t have (yet) custom text speaks in routines

that you cant use tts in italian

Hello!
I had the same problem but finally it was easy: Use media_player.alexa_tts instead google_tts

Try with this script:
alexa_habla:
alias: Alexa Habla Test
sequence:
- service: media_player.alexa_tts
data:
entity_id: media_player.name_of_your_echo

And your Echo should speak Spanish with this.

Good luck!

(I use amazon.es)

Hey @robermf, so you can use tts in Spanish? Is your account a Spanish account?

Hi.
Yes, I am using tts in Spanish with Spanish account :slight_smile: @Nerkyator

Here configuration.yaml:
media_player:

But it does not work from the media player box in Home Assistant. But if you use madia_player.alexa_tts it works.
You can test quickly with this:
Go to Events http://192.168.0.X:8123/dev-event

Event type:
media_paplayer.alexa_tts

Event data:
{“entity_id”: “media_player.your_echo”, “message”: “Hola que tal probando uno dos tres cuatro hola hola que tal”}

Best regards

Hmmm i tried with italian language but it doesn’t work!

Can you tell me why i always get these errors?

2018-11-29 14:40:02 ERROR (Thread-13) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] An error occured accessing the API: An exception of type ConnectionError occurred. Arguments:
(ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')),)
2018-11-29 14:40:02 ERROR (Thread-13) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] An error occured accessing the API: An exception of type AttributeError occurred. Arguments:
("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'json'",)

Thanks @robermf! I will try when at home with Italian server & account and I will give feedback

I already tried but with no success… if you get it working please let me know…
More, did you get the errors i put in my previous message?

Do you know how to get again the request of the token ? I never got that when configuring the media player

Yep! Just checked your error and seems that something somewhere returns None instead a value where to extract json object.
I will try on my HA when at home and I’ll let you know!

Maybe it can depend from the never requested token at first time the media player was configured?
How to get again that request?

Good luck! Let me know

@mauizio53: Sorry to hear that. You can see the Alexas as media players in Home Assistant, right?

Yes, i have two alexa media players, echo plus and spot

Pfff I don’t know… Try to restart.

By the way, I had to put the captcha right now for first time after first install (few weeks ago)