Echo Flex and the Smart Night-Light

Hello all,

Just recently purchased an Amazon Echo Flex (which works perfectly for my use case of a small unobtrusive Echo in the bathroom). I was thinking about getting the add-on night light, but would really like to be able to control the light from Home Assistant.

Does anyone have experience with the night light yet?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello Tom,

I don’t personally own an Echo Flex, but I’m fairly sure you can use the routine function in Alexa media player to control it.

Hope this helps! :grinning:

Thanks! I’ll take a look.

Hey @eBoon, were you able to get this working?

I have this currently set up through a routine in alexa media player, but currently still looking for a way to expose flex light directly to HA. There is a short delay (1-2 sec or so) that I’d like to cut down on. I have a wyze a motion sensor and a wyze sense binary module that I have modified to detect light that trigger/condition the routine. Way over-engineered replacement for a motion sensing night light. We only have one outlet in the bathroom and I wanted to add an echo.

can you tell me how to do this?

Which part? I ended up abandoning the modified Wyze sensor when those all started basically bricking if the battery got too low. I still use the echo flex night light though. It’s now available as a fully controllable light through the Alexa media player integration.

I have a zigbee motion detector and the bathroom lights are on a smart switch, so if the lights are off and there is motion detected, the night light comes on. If it’s after midnight or after our bedtime routine is triggered, the light is red. Otherwise, the light is white. Been working great for years.

Did something change? The night light does not get pulled into that integration anymore unless I am missing something…? I am looking to do the same. I do know that at one point last year it did show up but I was not automating it.