Echo Show 15 widgets info?

Hey guys,

Looking at the widgets for echo show, does it look like the Echo Show 15 widget viewport could be used to show your HA dashboard?

Can you set your widgets to be one big one (HA Dashbaord) I cant seem to see this anywhere without applying for the dev preview I guess.

Thanks

I honestly thought more people would be interested in this.

I guess people are happy with their tablets?

1 Like

It would be very interesting but, perhaps, too little information as of now

That’s what I am trying to find out really, if anyone has info on how the widgets will be placed, one big one, of you’re forced to have many.

Was hoping that info would be out, guess we wait :slight_smile:

The upside would be the ability to condense devices… get rid of the echo AND a tablet in one room by combining them

1 Like

Do we know if it will be possible to pre et Ă  Lovelace via fully kiosk for example?

Anyone got one yet?

Also very interested in how people are able to integrate these into their HA environments.

1 Like

also love to know this…I already have a 10 inch Fire tablet but the 15 inch would be so much better…I just want to be sure I can strip all of this stuff out that I don’t want and make the most of the bigger screen…eager to see the first play someone gets to have…also hoping there is some sort of toolbox released for it for the stripping of the excess stuff not needed

1 Like

I wanted to order one but I just cant see that price for a 15 tablet basically…I have a 10 on the wall and it does the job

It has a browser built in and I just go to the IP address of my home assistant… Touch screen works for that and it allows you to bookmark it

I have the Echo 15. The problem is that I have to 1st say “Echo open silk”, 2nd manually open the bookmark to get to my dashboard. I am working on making something similar with a touch screen monitor and a small PC like a pi 4 or Nuc. Here is the 22 in touch screen monitor I bough. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VF9QBRD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried some 15in touch screen monitors also but decided to go with a bigger screen. Here are the 15in I tried.

If I was going to use a 15in I would have chosen the second one. I’m working on the dashboard setup now and its working great.

Apparently the widgets will be opened to third parties. So I’m hoping the devs will make it part of the HA skill (or how ever it works) If that happens ill probably get an Echo 15… Not before though.

Before to order it, I will watch some YouTube videos regarding HA using on echo show 15. I’m sure that it is not for now that we will have a fonctionnal dashboard for HA.

can you install on the amazon echo show 15 the google play store?

it is easy to install google play on a amazon tablet

THis!

IS it not possible (I do not have an Echo with a monitor built in) ?

here is somethink: Alexa Skill to display Lovelace dashboards on Echo Show

a new option/solution work now “Alexa Skill - MyPage”:

now you can use the Browser directly with the Home Assistant Link

Something which will be interessting… Amazon Appstore on Echo Show 15 and install HA…

https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sideload-apk-apps-on-the-amazon-echo-show-15/

2 Likes

It works. Great! Start to test…