Ecobee and HomeKit Device Integration

Hello,

I have 3 Ecobee thermostats and have been using the Ecobee integration. I wanted to convert to using the HomeKit Device Integration to keep things local. My Ecobee3 was discovered and I was able to connect it just fine.

However, my 2 Ecobee4’s are not being discovered. I do not have any other Homekit hubs, no Apple Hub or Apple TV.

Any tips or suggestions to get them to be discovered?

Thanks

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Ecobee’s developer feature is broken (I already have a developer account, but the “Create App” feature isn’t working). One of my four thermostats was discovered as a Homekit device. :expressionless:

Fortunately I’ve had all mine connected through Ecobee for a while. Was just trying to get it local. I haven’t found a way to get it recognized yet.

I finally got it to work. On my EcoBee 4’s I had to go through the menus and enable Homekit pairing.

Hit the hamburger menu on the main screen.
Hit the gear to enter the options
Scroll to the Settings option and press that
There will be a HomeKit entry hit that.
There is an option to Enable HomeKit pairing.

After that HomeAssistant discovered the devices.

1 Like

Thank for posting this, I was able to quickly connect my new ecobees (swapping from Nest with a new HVAC system) thanks to this note.

How did you guys get this to work? Mine, upon going to the Homekit Pairing section, provides me with a QR code and says “scan this with your ios device” essentially. I have checked in HA while it’s waiting for the QR code to be scanned, but it never gets discovered.

I originally had the Ecobee integration set up and had ignored the Homekit discovery of the Ecobee. Could that be the case for you? Maybe check and see if you had ignored it.

Once I removed the Ecobee 3 from the ignore list it was discovered right away. For my Ecobee 4’s, once I enabled it as I outlined in a previous post, it was discovered in a matter of seconds. So not sure what’s going on in your case.

I’m seeing the same when trying to add it today. I see a pairing screen, and I’m checking in HA but the device is not being discovered. I also tried adding the HomeKit Device integration, which started the config wizard, but found no devices.

My ecobee is connected to my WiFi because I can access it via the ecobee app. But I’ve never paired it with HomeKit before.

And I haven’t previously “ignored” the ecobee either (it’s never been “discovered” by HA).

Mine is an Ecobee Thermostat Premium (this ecobee page helped me figure out my model). So maybe that’s part of it?

I am having the same issue with a new ecobee 3 just installed today.

I’m thinking of registering with my teenager’s iphone and then de-registering it to see if that works. I think there is also an ecobee app that we could try to register and then delete…

Just got it to work, via automatic detection. I have two access points on my wifi network (an Asus wireless router and an additional ubiquiti access point). Surprisingly connecting it to my main asus router didn’t work but connecting it to my additional access point did.

Leads me to believe it is some sort of routing issue (mdns?)

Hope it works for you…