Ecobee humidity sensor through homekit integration

Hello all:

I have my ecobee 3 lite working with HA with a homekit integration. It works great and I like the fact that that integration is going to work even if my home’s internet goes down.
However, I can not find the humidity sensor of the ecobee unit accesible anywhere in the UI. I need it to set an automation to start the dehumidifier when the humidity goes above 65% and turn it off when it goes below 50%. I have the dehumidifer connected to a wemo smart plug.

I can see the following fragment in the /.storage/homekit_controller-entity-map file:

{
                                        "format": "float",
                                        "iid": 24,
                                        "maxValue": 100.0,
                                        "minStep": 1,
                                        "minValue": 0.0,
                                        "perms": [
                                            "pr",
                                            "ev"
                                        ],
                                        "type": "00000010-0000-1000-8000-0026BB765291",
                                        "unit": "percentage",
                                        "value": 48.0
                                    },

I’m assuming that should be the humidity reading.

Can anyone pls advice how to properly set up the ecobee home-kit integration, or configure the missing humidity sensor from the ecobee unit ?
I will truly appreciate it.

1 Like

The current humidity is a state attribute of the thermostat. Go to the /dev-state page in your frontend and find the thermostat in the list of entities. You should see the current_humidity attribute on the right.

You can use this value in an automation by using a template trigger. See here for more information on templating.

Thank you for your response. I could set up the automation using a template trigger.

Still don’t understand why that humidity is not created as a sensor in HA, since the current_temperature is stored the same way, in the same structure and it is correctly picked up and showed.

I don’t see my humidity sensor either. I only see my temperature and motion sensor. Can someone help me with why or how can I see my humidity sensor? It works through ecobee integration but it’s through their cloud so that’s why I am trying this route.

You display is missing a column. There should be an attributes column which will include the humidity info.

Is this something I can add some how?

to my front end i mean

this is what your ref to?

how do i get that to display on my front end of my UI? with ecobee integration it would made a binary auto.

With the web Ecobee integration theres a total classe for humidifier to controle the internal humidity on the Ecobee but its not available on the Homekit… I wonder who is making the intergration I guess its ecobee… I will have to Write to them I was hopping to switch all to all local but humidity is not available and theres missing also the controle of the preset switching… I like to use this instead of forcing temp…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Humidity for my ecobee is not coming across to Home from HA via the HomeKit integration.

I have try to contact Ecobee Support, but look like they dont understand what I was asking… They took a few days to answer on a messenger post and were apologiging but never really answer anything… they seems very busy… I was trying to understand if its ecobee that drive the Homekit intégration or someone else… they were asking what feature was not working to help me fix it… evething works but the Homekit integration is missing feature lol I will try agian.

I ended up addressing it by sending the ecobee humidity sensor through the HomeKit integration as an explicit entity on its own. All good now.