Ecolink Firefighter - working with hass.io?

Sadly no. Every time I run a monthly test on my smoke detectors, it does detect both the smoke and CO levels, but only the smoke will reset back to 0. The CO remains at 2 until I manually reset the device and there were times where I waited days to reset it.

Mine is a Zwave device.

Just wanted to check to see if anyone has had any luck figuring out how to properly get up the CO detector to reset like the smoke detection does on the device. I am still having to manually do it myself and it doesnā€™t sound very practical imo.

I was never able to clear the CO alarm via the firefighter so I just donā€™t pull it into HA.
I would love to know if anyone gets this figured out also.

FWIW, I just did some googling and apparently Ecolink has stated that thereā€™s an issue with the device where the CO doesnā€™t clear if it comes in succession with the fire alarm, which means this will be an ongoing issue for those with dual alarms anytime you test.

One recommended solution is to use a CO specific alarm test feature to trigger and release it. I donā€™t have one to test with, but Iā€™m going to grab one from Walmart tonight to see if it works. PITA for sure, but at least there may be a workaround. Other people had luck simply covering the microphone during the fire alarm test, but I tried that without luck, which makes sense since thereā€™s a gap between the opening and the actual microphone.

Edit: Hereā€™s a link to where I saw the supposed statement from ecolink:

2 Likes

Just play the standard CO alarm tone. No need to buy a CO-only alarm or even try to get the timing right on a combo CO/Smoke alarm.
It just needs to be very loud and right next to the mic on the ecolink. I had to remove the cover, and move the mic right up against my phoneā€™s speakers when I played the sound from the above link.

lolā€¦Your post saved me from throwing this thing against the wall. I usually read the directions, but after opening up the cover, and seeing that little silver thingyā€¦lolā€¦I just assumed it was the learn button. I didnā€™t need no stinking directions. Thanks again