EcoPlug integration

+1 - would love to know the status on this.

Thanks!

I found this: https://github.com/dbecknel/ecoplug

For some reason even with the new naming convention it can’t find it. I think the security restrictions and/or deprication of custom components may be at play here. I’m able to run the script in the HA container without issue itself.

I think this needs to be a custom integration. Would take a little work to get it moved over that way.

I still have one active Woods device, other one is collecting dust and replaced by a plug that was flashable to tasmota. The active device is just using the crummy OEM firmware for the time being.

1 Like

Wao, I found this a little too late.

I actually added the version number (you can use any version you want in that) to the manifest.json manually, and that got it working.

Now I see this, same thing without having to modify. LOL!

1 Like

Lol, nice, I was banging my head elsewhere with this! I’ll give the manifest update a shot.

Thanks for that link. Just set it up and working great with my two ecoplugs.

Thanks… worked a treat.

Is this still working for people? It is not working for me on initial installation.

• My device: Dewenwils Smart WiFi low voltage transformer for landscape lights

• Eco Plugs app version: v 2.72.01107.50522

• Steps taken:

1. Downloaded the ecoplug installation files from GitHub - dbecknel/ecoplug.
  2. Followed instructions precisely:
  • Placed ecoplug folder contents in config–>custom_components–>ecoplug
  • Added prescribed lines to configuration.yaml;
  • Restarted.

Result: No devices are recognized. Nothing in logbook to indicate even a failed attempt to connect.

I use the Woods WiON (ecoplug) adapters for my pool pump and lights. They were working up to mid October. I turned the breakers off in the winter and then turned them on this weekend and now HA will not pick them back up.

So I am not sure if the integration broke over the last few months, or it my configuration.

Latest HA update (2022.5) broke ECOPLUG once again!

2 Likes

Same here.

I restored a backup and am here to see what the experts tell me.

2022.5 does indeed break ECOPLUG. If you edit the switch.py file and delete the import EVENT_TIME_CHANGED reference it works again. Not sure if that is not used or it will break again but so far no issue with it removed.

Currently switch.py has:

from homeassistant.const import (DEVICE_DEFAULT_NAME, ATTR_HIDDEN, EVENT_TIME_CHANGED, EVENT_HOMEASSISTANT_STOP)

change to:

from homeassistant.const import (DEVICE_DEFAULT_NAME, ATTR_HIDDEN, EVENT_HOMEASSISTANT_STOP)

3 Likes

Confirmed that fixed it, thanks @Hoppersusa!.

Also not sure what deleting the EVENT_TIME_CHANGED import changes.
I’ll have to try manually triggering the plug and then verify that HA still picks up the state change.

Thanks for that fix!!!

Confirmed Fixed. THANK YOU!

I am curious… how did you find that? Trial and error, or did you find a clue somewhere?

A little bit of both. Mainly trial and error while working backwards from the error message and the announced breaking changes for 2022.5.

1 Like

I have done everything word for word including the most recent change from @Hoppersusa and nothing will discover after the restart. Anyone have any input

I was able to fix this… by packaging up my eco plugs device (Dewenwils low voltage transformer), sending it back to Amazon, and getting a cheap dumb low voltage transformer connected to a smart plug. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi, just curious did this work before the 2022.5 changes?

not sure, this is the first time trying to add this device.

Edit: I updated to the most recent (2022.05.3) and retried all the above and the switch is now working without any errors!
Thank you for the help.

Yes, it worked fine. Seems like the 2022.5 version broke it. It sure sucks having to fight to keep these things working. My Eco Plugs were working with the 2022.5 version for days, until I tried to reboot using the “RESTART” HA button. Then I was told I had an invalid configuration.yaml file. I had to remove the ecoplugs switch section for it to be deemed ‘valid’. It rebooted but the EcoPlugs were non-functional. I am now restored back to Home Assistant 2022.4.7, and it is working again. The May update and recent Node-Red updates were absolute catastrophes for me.