Ecovacs Deebot DM88 (robo vacuum cleaner)

Just a quick update for my M80 Pro!

The good news is that I found the cause for the issues I mentioned above.

While I was cleaning up some of the custom components I’d installed previously, I came across an ecovacs one - duh!
I must have tried it a few months ago but couldn’t get it two work and took the entries out of my configuration.yaml but didn’t bother to delete the files from the folders.
Now that I deleted them the proper and full-fledged options menu comes up:

Feeling a little stupid now :cry: but let’s call it a learning opportunity :rofl:

P.S.:
I had to set the name for the device in the customize.yaml as friendly_name

Hi, ty for the hard work put into this component, i have a Deebot R95 i was able to add the module and i can start the vaccum ! Not all function are working for me i can’t clic on fan speed also the get_life_span show nothing. The vaccum state was not refreshed i had to restart ha to refresh the state of the vaccum.

Robette

Hi,

do you know where to find the file “init.py” in Hass.io?
I have difficulty locating it.

Thanks

The fix was pulled into the official release of the sucks library over the weekend, so soon it should be part of the standard install. Not sure how hass.io handles the library updates though.

Upstream libraries are not updated automatically. I have already submitted the change to bump the sucks version which will fix this and some of the other minor issues. Should all be in the next version of Hass.

With 0.79.0 I’m getting on step further, but are now getting:
Ping did not reach VacBot. Will retry.
Any ideas?

Is your Deebot online? Can you access it via the Ecovacs app and tell it to start cleaning?

Ping did not reach VacBot nearly always means that the bot turned off because it got stuck or never found its charger. Once it’s in that state it needs physical intervention.

It’s online in the app. Very strange.
Could it be continent and country settings? I live in Belgium.

Ahhh yes, it is certainly the region settings. We have had to figure out each country individually, and it’s confusing because the overall auth call uses the country setting, but the actual communication with the vacuums uses the continent, with some regions using continent values that don’t actually match their continent, such as using ww for “worldwide”.

This likely means that your country setting is correct, but your continent setting is not. Have you tried both eu and ww?

Still no no luck.
I tried both ww and eu with country be.

Hi all, got a new ecovacs today and can’t get it to work with HA. I have the following errors in the log. Any thoughts?

Log Details (ERROR)
Fri Nov 23 2018 10:23:49 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Setup of platform ecovacs is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.

and

fulljid property deprecated. Use boundjid.resource

10:22 AM components/ecovacs.py (WARNING)

Here’s my config.yaml setup:

ecovacs:
  username: [email protected]
  password: mypassword
  continent: na

Not all models are supported, unfortunately.
Which machine did you purchase?
My Deebot907 isn’t able to work with HA.

Also depends on which version of HA you’re running - I had to go back to V0.80.3 because something in the newer version broke the Ecvacs component.

Hi @OverloadUT,

There seems to be an issue with the component beyond the V0.80.3 - although I saw in the thread that there is a workaround:

Is there a chance for you to address this?

And I’d also b very grateful for a hint on how to trigger edge cleaning, e.g. with a script or a command via the CLI.

Thanks again for the component!

1 Like

Hi, yesterday i got a Deebot Ozmo 930.
I tried to add it to my Hassio but i got the “ValueError: day is out of range for month”…
I will watch this thread and wait for a solution, thanks for the component!

Any update on this guys? Would be awesome to get this working again :slight_smile:

I am happy to report that I have finally sat down to start working on this. Last night I managed to get my Deebot M80 working in Hassio, but it required cutting some holes in the SleekXMPP library to make it work. My next step will be to make those changes in a cleaner way and then publish a sucks-only fork of SleekXMPP, since SleekXMPP has not been updated in a very long time.

6 Likes

@OverloadUT This is fantastic. Thanks so much for your efforts!

Thanks!!
It will work with Ozmo 930?
If you need a tester let me know! :slight_smile:

Good morning all!!

Is there any update on this?? been trying to get mine working but no luck!!!