Ecovacs Deebot DM88 (robo vacuum cleaner)

Hi peeps,

I was just wondering, i want to buy an Ecovacs deebot DM88 robot cleaner, but didn’t see a working component with it.

Is it possible to just use the “MQTT Vacuum” component to get it to work?
Or does this need to be a feature request?

I’ve contacted the manufacturer, but unfortunately the deebot can’t communicate via the MQTT component.

I am currently working on an Ecovacs component that will allow controlling Deebot vacuums. I hope to have it out in 0.61 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @OverloadUT… Thanks a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

But for me it’s probably not a big concern anymore (forgot to update the post)…
After i found out that the Ecovacs couldn’t talk in any other way, i’ve decided to buy a Neato Botvac. :relaxed:

That’s great to hear! I have a Deebot N79 and hacked together a PHP script a few months ago to control it. I use it combined with a motion sensor in my cat’s litter box to vacuum around the litter box after he uses it.

Are you using this library? I’m not that great at Python, but if I can help out with testing or anything, let me know.

Yep, that’s the library that will be used. I’m working with the owner of that project to flesh out the library so that it does everything we need it to for the Hass integration :slight_smile:

Once I have the basic features implemented, it would be awesome to get some people to test out the code, especially people with other models!

I’m up for that - mine is an M80 Pro.

It would be amazing to have simple commands such as sending it home or start cleaning just from within home assistant, would this project require the deebot to be connected to the internet?

I’d very much like to block it from the net yet still have control over it from the LAN.

1 Like

I’m Up for that, Ive got the Deebot 930. Will it be available in 0.61? Is there a beta version?

what is the current status of the component? is there a beta version aviable?

The holidays slowed down development, but I’m back at it. Just finished all core functionality, but we’ve got some more to do before it’s robust enough. We need to figure out how to handle error states.

But it is happening!

3 Likes

Iam trying to use your updated code. I am getting this error:

Error during setup of component ecovacs
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 199, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/ecovacs.py”, line 53, in setup
‘na’) #TODO: Make configurable
File “/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sucks/init.py”, line 37, in init
(‘account’, self.encrypt(account_id)),
File “/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sucks/init.py”, line 125, in encrypt
result = cipher.encrypt(bytes(text, ‘utf8’))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/Crypto/Cipher/PKCS1_v1_5.py”, line 119, in encrypt
randFunc = self._key._randfunc
AttributeError: ‘RsaKey’ object has no attribute ‘_randfunc’

Do you know why it is not working?

Kinds regards
Milan

Hm, that’s something inside the sucks library. I’ll need to investigate that one. I don’t know off the top of my head; sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Hello, have you advanced in the project, I have a deebot R95 that I would like to integrate in hass. I would like to test if you want

1 Like

is the ecovacs plugin coming soon?

The project got a tad stalled as we need some changes in the upstream library. If I don’t hear back from the maintainer I plan on making my own fork to add what we need so we can get this component in to Hass, so it’s still coming! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’ve got an N79 arriving in a few weeks, excited to help test!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to add it to my HA

1 Like

Just got the N79s, gonna test out the sucks library today. I’m glad to see that there’s somebody already working on an HA component, excited to see that come out soon.

If I have any issues with sucks I’ll post them to your fork, @OverloadUT.

1 Like

For what its worth, I’ve found https://github.com/OverloadUT/home-assistant/tree/add-deebot-vacuum to work pretty well with some minor tweaks:

2 Likes