Ecovacs Deebot DM88 (robo vacuum cleaner)

Where do you place the files? I’ve tried custom_components and under the actual homeassistant components directory, but I still get Platform not found: vacuum.ecovacs

My configuration file contains this:
vacuum:
- platform: ecovacs
username: redacted
password: redacted

Maybe that’s not correct?

Hi, could you explain how you managed to make it work for noob like me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@eracknaphobia @nicecube

Download the required code:

Make some adjustments:

• In custom_components/ecovacs.py, change the line REQUIREMENTS = ['sucks==0.8.4'] to be:
REQUIREMENTS = [
    'https://github.com/eracknaphobia/sucks/archive/'
    '8f3bf0ac60164450edd09c5f97bdd4bc06f0a62f.zip#sucks==0.8.4']
ecovacs:
  username: [email you used to signed up]
  password: [password]

@insertjokehere

Ty vm for your help its very appreciated !!

I run into a problem, im in Canada and on the github page i have this notice

The HTTPS and XMPP servers do not appear to be following the same convention. For example, a Canadian user must authenticate on country-specific HTTPS server, but XMPP commands work both on the worldwide server msg-ww.ecouser.net) and the North America server (msg-na.ecouser.net)

I tried with the default us na but i got this message in HA

title: Invalid config
message: The following components and platforms could not be set up:

• vacuum.ecovacs

Please check your config.

What is the error in the HomeAssistant log?

@insertjokehere
I posted the error log on pastebin: Error log HA

Try changing the line below (in vacuum/ecovacs.py):

from

from homeassistant.components.ecovacs import (

to

from custom_components.ecovacs import (

I’m still getting a taking over 60 seconds message in the log and I don’t have any devices associated.

Thanks

@lordsiris
Got this Error after changing the line in vacuum/ecovacs.py

I get both the 10 and 60 second messages as well. Haven’t had a chance to look into it further yet.

Looks like this line in “vacuum/ecovac.py” is where mine is stopping:

self.device.connect_and_wait_until_ready()

I can see in the log where the API is getting hit and returning data including the proper nickname for the device.

Its an issue with the sleekxmpp package, I had to delete the 1.3.3 from my deps folder then everything starting working. NOTE: I don’t know what else uses sleekxmpp so I don’t yet know what other problems I may have caused by removing it.

Have you find a solution

I was wondering about the status of this project… Im considering to buy a Deebot N79. Thanks for any feedback.

Look like this is still WIP :frowning:

Hoping we can get it working at some point, but looks like it still needs an internet connection and won’t be totally offline

It seems like we’re going to have it in the next release or so.
But as @johnsnow mentioned - it will require constant internet connection to work with the company servers.

2 Likes

I have tried everything posted so far and it still tells me it cannot import VacuumDevice
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/zAptUf1E

this is all beyond me, and it’s my first time really touching YAML, so it’s a bit overwhelming.

Me to - I cant get it to work in Hassio 73 on HassOS 17.

It never register a vacum, and there is lots of error from sleekxmpp in the log - cant connect, unknown certificate chains and stuf like that.

If I remove sleekxmpp from deps folder it it will register the vacum, but it will stay offline, and still lots of sleekxmpp errors in the log.

1 Like

Also excited to test this, I got the N79S!

@OverloadUT i’ve seen your other post "Add ecovacs component #15520 ". It seems that on Aug-20 it was considered ready and will be available on the next release of HA. Is this correct?

Yep! It’ll go out in the next beta release of Hass, then in the stable release.

I expect there to be problems with this first release: it’s a brand new library that is completely reverse engineered, so it’s likely that we’ll need the community’s help when certain devices/networks/regions don’t work. But now that the component is here, it should hopefully be easy to iterate on those pieces :slight_smile:

3 Likes