Edifier MS50A wifi speaker integration

I was thinking of getting one of these to try.

Edifier MS50A Wi-Fi Smart Speaker Without Microphone, Works with Alexa, Supports AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, 40W RMS One-Piece Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Sound System https://amzn.eu/d/3iVLYx7!

I wondered if anyone had already tried them and if there was any existing integration with HA.

I currently have have few Bose Soundtouch speakers in home assistant for various things and wondered if I could add these to other rooms.

Kind regards Jason

I was thinking the exact same thing. I am thinking I might take the risk and get one.

Very interested in what you end up doing.

I want to play from Music Assistant

Well I wrote to Edifier and got the following response when I queried them about their MS50A being a media player in HA.

Date: June 29, 2022 at 9:54:57 AM EDT
Subject: Re: I was hoping your WiFi speaker would be seen as a …
Reply-To: Support [email protected]

Your request (#23589) has been updated. To add additional comments, please reply to this email.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out. Currently that option is unavailable, but we’re happy to pass along your feedback to our product team.
We take feature requests and product feedback seriously.

Thanks!

Regards,
Edifier Customer Support

To bad the Edifier MS50A is still not supported, it’s a great speaker. As far as I understand this speaker could be supported by the linkplay integration , but it seems the only Edifier speaker supported is the Edifier MA1.

In my network there are also other linkplay speakers like the Arylic A50+. The app on my phone (4STREAM) to control de Arylic speakers also detects the Edifier MS50A and fully supports the multi-speaker options, so the way the are controlled must be very similar.