Edit entities within a group helper in UI

Lol, so many times before, I deleted existing group, then made it again including new members. This morning I told to my self: “Wait, there have to be some smart way…” then I landed here. Joining the club :rofl: Please don’t change it, I will end by deleting/creating groups again :rofl:

1 Like

We all did. We all

1 Like

(1) Any text for a button should start with a verb.
(2) The color of the text being the same as the tab headings obfuscates the functionality,
(3) Especially as the button has no outline (at least in DARK theme),
(4) Except for the highlight when hovering, which is poor discoverability.

1 Like

Yeah, go figure that GROUP OPTIONS is not just a header, but actually clickable… :frowning: Kudos to the OP for starting this thread.

2 Likes

Do we need to make this a feature request?

… for what?

Just to make it more obvious that it is a button that can be clicked on. May be that isn’t a feature, but whatever it is called it would be nice to make the change.

3 Likes

It follows the theme settings for all other buttons, just compare it to the update button at the bottom of the page. It’s identical. If you use a computer with a mouse, it even has hover events and shows the outline of a button.

If you want to make it more prominent, adjust your theme to make button backgrounds more prominent.

1 Like

Completely agree it could do with a tweak to the UI. Up until now I’ve been deleting and recreating groups when I needed to edit them. Today I thought I would search to see if there was a feature request to allow them to be edited, and found this thread :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Same here.

I just did not realize that it was a button.

If it’s generic theme setting then it’s in point of this user tad inconvenient.

luckily I think I am able to do what @petro suggests. Still it was not intuitive

1 Like

Hi,
in my case there’s no group options… and there’s no way to delete the entity!

clear you cache and refresh the page. Otherwise, you’re not looking at a light group helper.

Done it, nothing changed. I think my group was migrated from old yaml and deleted in config, it’s not in the helpers list but in entities.

If it came from yaml, it would be in your light section. The yaml config is still supported, so it wouldn’t migrate you. You’re most likely looking in the wrong spot/file.

1 Like

You were right, thank you!