Edit entities within a group helper in UI

Hi,

Is there a way in the UI to edit the enities that are part of a group, e.g I have bought a new light and want to add it to an existing group.
I couldn’t find a way by poking around, and there is no mention in the groups documentation.

Any help appreciated.
Yvan

Click the “Set Configure State” button on the group in the helpers area.

Now I feel stupid!
Thanks

1 Like

I have this exact issue, but the Set State button on the group in the helpers area does not exist…?
I see the group listed but find no method of making an edit to it. I can click on the listing, and I get the usual information, but no button exists? Am I missing something?

Running: 2022.4.3

Any guidance is very much appreciated, Bob.

1 Like

click on it and it will be in a pop up

1 Like

oh geez
had this open many times. never registered that this was a clickable item.
thanks for the help.
SetIsConfig

4 Likes

Yeah I was going off memory when I said “Set State”

1 Like

I didn’t know this either - was very lost on to how to see members or make changes.

@petro Is it my old eyes going blind, I don’t see that?

This is a light group helper.

Ahh, it’s because in danish it’s even worse translated, it’s gruppe valg, which means group choice.
Geez, that is bad design…

+1. Groups need to be able to be edited in the UI, not the yaml. This is very confusing, esp for new users.

Is there a FR already opened on this?

This is now entitled Group Options:

9 Likes

That’s a button?! I have overlooked that so many times trying to edit groups.

Thanks!

6 Likes

+1 I never saw a note about this in release notes. When did this get implemented?

No option in the latest version

You mean in 2022.9.1? Please file a bug!

I created a feature request to rename Group Options to Edit Group Options…
See: Group Helper improvement to edit the groups options/entities

For me it was also not clear how to view/edit the groups entities. Simply changing the name might already help a lot i think. If you think that is helpful (or have additional thoughts/suggestions) please vote for the feature request.

2 Likes

I’ve just Googled my way to this page because I too couldn’t figure out how to edit a Group. The wording and location of the “button” make it look like a subheading, not a button.

The crude fix would be to change the word to “EDIT GROUP OPTIONS”, but even then I don’t think it’s obvious. Better option would be to inline the options into the main window and get rid of the button altogether.

PS: I’ve voted for the feature request, although I’d call it a usability bug.

3 Likes

Was this ever resolved? I cannot find the solution…

I didn’t find it either. Only by googeling I came here and found the solution. Once you know it its obvious but for some reason its hard to find initially.