Edit ZWCFG for specific devices, how-to?

I’m trying to get a Fibaro KeyFob to work with HA.
(I have had epic failures with Fibaro KeyFob together with both Vera and openHAB earlier - keeping fingers crossed it will work this time…)
So, I installed Hass.io on a RaspberryPi 3 last night (0.100.3) and configured an Aeotec Z-stick gen5 + a few other devices without much of a problem. Even the KeyFob was possible to include.
I can get associations to work (managed to have the KeyFob associated to a wallplug OK).
But, now, I want “central scene control” with the KeyFob.
I found this:
https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/device-specific/
and according to that info I need to manually edit the zwcfg.xml. Fair enough, but it was not very straight-forward to find this file…
The Samba share add-on did not reveal this file, so I went on and installed the SSH add-on. [EDIT: it does show up in Samba shared file, just missed it it seems :confused:] Finally I found what I think is the correct file:
/config/zwcfg_0xfdfd6fa9.xml, but this file does just contain node 1 and node 3 in my z-wave network. Number 2 is not existing, but 4 and 5 are the KeyFob and an additional Fibaro Button.
I can’t go ahead and do the changes described in the above linked page…

Have I found the incorrect file? Or am I doing things the wrong way?

You are going about it the right way – You’d want to add the CommandClass example from the documentation inside the “<Node id=“4”>” and “</Node>” tags.

For bonus points, run the whole file through an online XML linter to make sure the syntax is valid.

OK, I see now that I was a little unclear in the end of my post:

Node 1 and node 3 is in the file (have got <Node>-tags. But no other nodes have!
I.e. node 4 and node 4 is missing!
So I don’t know where to fill in the CommandClass extra-info…

If you have ever excluded a node, then you’ll have holes. Node IDs are never re-used, so every time you add a new node it will take the next highest never-used number.

Your zwcfg file only gets written when you quit Home Assistant. If you know how to call your API, you can call /api/zwave/saveconfig to write out the file.

1 Like

No, I dont know what “…call your API…” means, but You can please explain to me.
Do I “quit” HA by [reeboot] it? (HA webpage --> Hass.io --> System --> REBOOT).

Yes, that should do it. Rebooting or restarting HA

U can also use save config 8. Zwave settings in home assistant

But to get this working at all u must stop the zwave network …then edit the file and start zwave again

2 Likes

OK, thanks!
:+1: