Eero Support

Wow this is great. Props @schmittx. Is there anything you could use help on?

This is really well done. It does in fact include which hub a device is connected to @3ltreilly . It’s under the device, there is an attribute “Connected to”.

oh wow, look at that. I didn’t look at the attributes under the device_tracker. I only looked through the entities it made. Thanks for pointing that out!

@iamJoeTaylor Thanks, I’m glad you and everyone else are happy with it.

Feel free to open an issue in the repo with any concerns or feature requests.

I’m not planning to add to HASS repo as an official integration (don’t feel like writing tests, creating a PyPi package for the API, etc.); but if anyone wants to take that on, I’ll be glad to help/advise.

2 Likes

What’s the benefit of having it as an official integration? It works so well now :slight_smile:

@panboy180 Ha, I can’t argue with that.

Also, I just published a new release with support for activity data sensors (data usage, etc.) and a few other updates. Feedback is always welcome.

1 Like

Edit: never mind. I’m an idiot! I guess when I first selected my network I missed the other options that were available. Went back and noticed the drop down for clients.

Hi! I just started using Home Assistant and am at the limits of my comfort zone! I’ve installed your @schmittx addon and it’s sitting in integrations. I can see five devices and a 33 entities like download speed, number of connected devices etc.

However I cannot for the life of me figure out where I find the actual list of connected devices, the eero device to which they’re connected etc. I see from the discussion above that this is possible but I’m at a loss! I was hoping to be able to assign devices to people for tracking purposes but am totally clueless as to how to do it.

I should say that so far all my tinkering is pretty much in the web-based UI. Do I need to be somewhere else to enable these things?

Hi I’m new to HA but finding all kinds of interesting things to do. I’m struggling to get any data from my Eero. I’ve installed HACS and added the repo for your Eero integration. When I restart my HA server, I get a UPnP/IGD: eero integration being discovered. I follow the steps to enable this, which seems pretty simple. However, I’m not getting any data displayed for the Eero or devices connected, etc.

In my log, I’m seeing:

No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘eero’. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘eero’

Based on that, I assume the eero integration is installing.

But, I’m pretty sure the UPnP thing was showing up before I installed HACS and the new eero repository. So, I’m wondering if something odd is happening.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to where to turn?

Sorry for the slow reply.

Regarding the ‘version’ warning in the log, that’s been resolved with the most recent update I released last week.

If you’re still struggling with setup, the UPnP notification is a completely different (and generic) integration for any device that supports UPnP. This integration is an eero specific one and support much more functionality. After installing the eero custom component (you may need to restart HASS) you can set it up through Configuration > Integrations > “+ Add Integration”. If you don’t see eero in the list, you may need to hard refresh your browser and/or clear the cache to reload the front end view.

Hello,

thank you very much for creating this.

I tried following all instructions on https://github.com/jrlucier/eero_tracker but could not see any devices after reaching step 4 (restart and test).

A quick look at the log revealed an error: ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.eero_tracker.device_tracker] Could not find the eero.session file '/config/eero.session'

When I go to Configuration > Integration > + Add Integration > Eero tracker and try to sing in with my email or phone number I get a message saying that Unknown error occurred.

Could somebody help me with this? What did I do wrong?

May be a little late to the party here, but I’ll chime in all the same.
If you are login in to Eero with your amazon account, it will not work.
I had to transfer my Eero network to an account created with email/phone number, and then it worked.

The issue I am having is different. I was able to go over the whole configuration stream, but am showing nothing. No entities, no devices.

This begs a simple question: Does this integration not work if my Eero are set to AP mode instead of router mode?

Thank you.

EDIT:

I spoke too soon. This integration is great. It found all my Eero 6 devices, allowed me to add the area to each, as well as the one profile I have in it (teenage daughter, LOL).

Now, I should not expect the integration to find the clients in the network right? That’s the only thing missing.

Now, before I go on a wild shopping spree for Zigbee devices, will I be able to use the Eero Zigbee hub for those devices over HA?

Thank you.

Hi, new here, does anyone have any experience with finding the network ID for the eero router via the HA debug? I currently have 2 locations tied to my eero email address.

Cheers,
Tim

I have another question… I upgraded to the Eero Pro 6 recently…

My Xfinity connection / Internet connection went down for a while and I actually also lost my internal network as well?? All my Eero units went RED and I could not even communicate internally to my NAS, my printer, or any of my Smart Home devices?? My house died along with my internet connection.

I contacted Eero support that first said that was normal. Claimed that a connection to their servers was required to make sure the security setting for the network were correctly setup… something along those lines. After some back and forth with their support explaining that this was ridiculous and has never happened before with any other companies routers I have used and that I could not access anything internal, they seem to start sending some confusing responses. Here’s one quote from one fo their responses:

" What this means is if your gateway eero loses an internet connection and is rebooted or loses power for any reason, then it will not be able to utilize these security measures and will not restore the local network until internet is restored."

In the same response they also stated:

“To maintain a connection between devices on the local network, the eeros to which the devices are connected must also be hardwired.”

Hardwired? So all my internal home WiFi connections go down and this is normal?

Ans please no one loose power or panic and unplug and re-plug in their Eero units as its homeless at that point if your external internet connection is still down…

In my case, it all seemed to go down.

I need to retest this my simulating an ISP down condition. I’ll unplug my modem from the main Eero unit and see what happens again…

But has anyone else had this same issue when their ISP / Internet Service Provider goes down??

Just completed experiment… Disconnected the LAN cable running from Modem to Eero.

ALL units went RED and I could still access internal network.

After a min or so, ALL units started flashing WHITE - Internal network went DOWN.

I was accessing my home automation system as well as my NAS while the units were RED, but as soon as they started flashing WHITE, the internal home network was down.

I returned my EERO Pro 6 units to Best Buy as I had their Geek Squad coverage and replaced them with the new ORBI AXE11000 Quad-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System.

Dang, just realized I need to change my presence detection…

Hello, did you ever get this working? I am trying to set up the same integration and I am running into the same “Unknown error occurred” issue.

I am not using the Amazon login so that is not the issue for me.

sadly I never did, no

I’m not using the amazon login either, and my Eero account is tied to my phone number/email address

I have a question about Eero integration, as I just got one.

I added github.com/schmittx/home-assistant-eero which was straightforward and it accepted my email for Error account, sent me the code. All good there but I noticed it doesn’t track devices.

So, I also installed through HACS the device tracker https://github.com/jrlucier/eero_tracker which also installed fine, but like the previous integration which prompted me for my email or phone, I get an error for “Sign-in with Eero account” that just says “Unknown error occurred”.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

have you been able to figure out a solution to this? I just came across the same problem

1 Like