EG4 Hybrid Mini Split AC Integration

Hi all, I just installed the new EG4 hybrid mini split and so far it’s a pretty impressive machine. It’s able to hook up solar panels directly and run off grid in addition to direct grid connection.

It does have an app but doesn’t seem to be something I really want to download. It could possibly be a Tuya app but unsure.

Anyone have any success getting this on HA?

I was able to connect this to the app and I am logging data from the official app. The EG4 is apparently a rebranded Deye mini split.

I see a HACS integration on their dehumidifiers but not sure if any work has been done on their air conditioners, any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Anyone else have any luck connecting the EG4 / Deye solar mini split AC to HA?

I also just installed two of the EG4 mini splits and am very interested in being able get them into HA. Any help developing an integration would be greatly appreciated!

I do have a small update, the architecture is Tuya. I have added it to the Smart Life app and works the same as the default app they give. I have started to go through Tuya integration but haven’t gotten full connection yet.

For the cloud app I am getting Invalid login, but on the two HACS “local Tuya” and “Tuya local” I am getting some communication - but it kind of sees it as a Govee lightbulb as default. The Tuya local gets the furthest, but I don’t know how to set this configuration up to control it yet.

Looking at ordering a couple of these. First any feedback from owners? Second anyone get this integrated with HA?

I really like it, it conditions my converted barn as an office real fast - even in negative degree temps. Install is clear, but watch the videos and not just the directions… they miss a few things. Haven’t hooked it up to solar yet, waiting for some used ones for real cheap. It’s better to have solar power the house first.

It is definitely Tuya architecture, it’s what I use instead of their app but haven’t worked to get this integrated. It looks straight forward and may work with one of the local Tuya integrations, I just don’t have a few hours to mess with it until my house build is complete.

2 Likes

I installed one at a hunting cabin, pretty sweet unit. I found an RS485 connector inside the head unit wiring compartment. Maybe we could use a Modbus TCP to RS458 adapter to control the unit.

I noticed that too on install, but not sure where to start with that. If you can find a path to communicate with it I’m game though.

So I have mine working in Tuya Smart. Shows the unit and all settings and power draw from Solar and AC. I got Tuya Connect added and can control some things from HA. But what I really want is Solar vs AC power draw so I can track that. Can Tuya Local get this additional information? Haven’t played with that yet.