Eglo Connect.Z with Home Assistent, can't find a way to make them usable with my Home Assistent

Hi,

I just bought 10 bulbs connect.z with Bluetooth and Zigbee Support. Unfortunate, I can’t reset the bulbs and integrate them with my Home Assistent system like I have been doing that with other Zigbee devices as well. I don’t want using the app or the remote control, I only need the fully ZigBee Suppport like it is stated on the outer packaging of the bulbs (G80 E27 - Zigbee & Bluetooth Support).

So I’m seeking our here for a a way I can reset the bulbs (e.g. 4x Powerswitch on/of for 5 seconds each)
to discover them afterwards with my Home Assistent/ZigBee Discovery Modus?

That what would be an extremely enlightenment and relief since I want to re-place about 60-70 bulbs in favor of my Home Assistent.

Might anyone here can share any experience with Eglo Smart Bulbs?

Thanks!
Wolfgang

Maybe

As complicated as a konami code :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi.

Did you got your bulbs to work with the homeassistant native zigbee integration (ZHA)?
I am looking at buying some led panels from eglo that also mention the connect.z …
I am wondering it they would work since I cannot find much information online.

Thanks.

I don’t know if you’re still looking for an answer, but for anyone else who finds this thread: Yes, with the on/off sequence as described by @koying the light got added to HA (at least in my case it did :wink: )

Hello
Thanks a lot for the information.
I haven’t bought these bulbs yet but there is a lot of offer in local stores and with the confirmation that they work with HA I probably will :slight_smile:

For anybody having issues to join the Eglo Connect Z into ZHA: Connect with the “AwoX HomeControl” App via Bluetooth, update the firmware, reset it using the sequence mentioned above - et voilà, it pairs successfully.
I tried resetting & pairing 15-20 times - without any success - then I found out, it also has a Bluetooth connection… yay. Right after updating and resetting, it worked instantly.

Hello

I can’t find detailed description of how to add my eglo connect z lights to the Home Assistant.
Could you explain in a few steps how to do it and what tools are needed?
I already have a few devices in HA, but I’m a relative beginner on this topic.

Thanks in advance!

I would like to buy a ceiling light (e.g. (https://www.lampenwelt.at/p/eglo-connect-salobrena-z-led-deckenlampe-120x30cm-weiss-3032619.html) Can somebody confirm, that this works with Home Assistant with the reset procedure shown by @koying ?

Yesterday I bought an Eglo Remote 2.0 remote control model: EGLO 99099 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

I was able to program it successfully via Zigbee2Mqtt, but it doesn’t show me anything apart from the signal strength.

What am I doing wrong or what do I have to set so that the individual buttons appear as an entity? Best regards

I can confirm that my Eglo bathroom ceiling light works with zigbee2mqtt where it is recognised as AwoX 33955.
I had many issues with that light as it doesn’t report proactively its state as online when it gets connected to electricity. It is also not as responsive as other lights and it can get overwhelmed if I change its state in rapid succession. However it works well with HACS adaptive lighting. Overall I couldn’t find better light for bathroom with ip44 and for its price.