Eight Sleep component

Are you using the same login/pass info for the component as the app?

I can’t say I’ve rebooted often lately, but I haven’t run into any issues when I do. The app hasn’t been updated since august so I don’t believe there were any server side changes recently.

yeah - cant see a way to create another user (other than the partner account, which she is using) guess they werent planning on having 3 people in bed - how narrow minded lol

I use the same login for the app and HA and it generally works well. The odd time I restart HA it doesn’t load the component but it’s not that often. Maybe 1/10 times and usually it’s because I’ve lost connection at the hub

hmm still not authenticating with the same creds - where is the best place to confirm i have the latest bits… here?

or is there a hass specific component?

Hi,

I am getting the following error, could anyone help what could be wrong? Thank you in advance!

Setup failed for eight_sleep: Component failed to initialize.

i have been also - i ended up disabling and as it happens there was a loose cable in the mattress cover - not sure if its related as i was able to hit the client ‘API’.

I can connect via the app, so probably it is not a loose cable. This is my log from startup:

Feb 13 16:54:51 Marvin hass[886]: 2018-02-13 16:54:51 ERROR (MainThread) [pyeight.eight] Error posting Eight data: 400
Feb 13 16:54:51 Marvin hass[886]: 2018-02-13 16:54:51 ERROR (MainThread) [pyeight.eight] Unable to authenticate and fetch eight token.
Feb 13 16:54:51 Marvin hass[886]: 2018-02-13 16:54:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for eight_sleep: Component failed to initialize.

Do you have partner enable set?

I’ll fire mine up again and see if I still get the same issue.

I wondered if there was an issue signing in with the app with the same account?
I may also try signing out of the app too.

@mezz64 may be able to provide some more troubleshooting?

400 error is for a bad request. I’ve noticed in my log the api has been more in and out in recent weeks. Sometimes you just need to wait a bit and try again.

I restarted several times since yesterday and always the same issue.

Yes, I have the partner enabled, here is my config, I am sure that the user and pass is good:

# Eight Smart Mattress
eight_sleep:
  username: !secret eightuser
  password: !secret eightpass
  partner: true

Thank you!

I still cannot connect the component. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? I would love to connect the bed to my automations.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry to say but mine works fine. The odd time it doesn’t load the component on restart but it works most of the time

@Jer78 - Do you have the partner option turned on? Thank you!

Also, could you please let me know what App and Firmware version are you using? I am using:

• App: v.1.17.2
  • Firmware: v1.1.13.0

THANK YOU!

OK, I found the issue. I was using special character in my password. Removing the special character from my account pass solved the issue. Hmmm, no special characters in pass in 2018… LOL

Glad you got it figured out. Yeah that’s odd it doesn’t like special characters. Mine is just numbers and letters so that does make sense that was the issue.

I also don’t use special characters in my Eight password so it’s not something I would have caught in testing. Have you tried supplying the password with and without quotes in the config? The passing of the password to the api is a simple string substitution, nothing something that should have a problem with special characters.

so just had the eight_sleep mattress cover replaced (previous frayed wire).

just set up the new one and got the same error.
I’ve tried signing out of the app on my phone incase there is an issue like ring or arlo (using the same creds)

I DID have a special character in my password but removed that a while back troubleshooting.

will report back

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the “bed_state” sensor for? For me, it is 10% but I have no idea what is this 10% mean.

Thank you!

It loosely correlates with temperature. You should see it rise when you are in bed or if you have warming on. It has a range of 10-100%