ELCO Remocon.net AppDaemon

Dear community!

I have created an AppDeamon, ELCO Remocon net AppDaemon, to fetch data from the gas boiler system via the Elco Remocon-Net cloud service and push them to home-assistant entities.

The AppDeamon is now available in the official Home Assistant Community Store!

Prerequisite

• It is required to have a working Elco Remocon-Net installation with a gateway
  • The backend application is written in a python for AppDaemon. This means it requires a working and running installation of AppDaemon.
  • The HomeAssistant Community Store (HACS) to easily install and update the ELCO Remocon net AppDaemon.

To install ELCO Remocon net AppDaemon backend application, just click on:
Open your Home Assistant instance and open a repository inside the Home Assistant Community Store.

A full documentation is available on my GitHub Readme

Limitations

• This appdaemon’s app only supports 1 gateway.
  • Read-only access, not set point, for the moment.
  • No support for Hot Water Heat Pumps.

Tested on their unit

• THISION S boiler
  • Altron B boiler

I hope this custom integration will be useful to monitor your gas boiler system. Enjoy!

Nechry

2 Likes

Brilliant!
Would love to see the card shown in the picture documented as well!
Thanks for this great integration!

1 Like

Found it here, all good! According to what I’m reading, the entities are the same in the new module:

1 Like

I add the missing informations

and added some others details about returned issues

It has been working excellently I got all the values which are also in the cloud.
But suddenly today after a reconnect, it does not work anymore.
I have not changed anything - only update to homassiatnce 10.5. And we have installed a PV application.
I always get yellow warnings: entity Elco … not available. And if I list all entities, there is no Elco entity anymore. I am sure that gateway password etc are valid - I have not changed anything.
What could be the reason after it has worked well.
What can I do? Thank nechry
Kind Regatrds Bernd (Sorry, I posted it here as I am new and I did not find where I can post a new topic on your site)

I didn’t yet update to 10.5, can be the issue. do you got something in the log of the appdaemon ?
I will update next week my instance of HA.

Thank you fro your reply.
As I have made a backup before updating to 10.5 I. I made a restore which was then apparently 10.3 as it shows the possibility of update to 10.5.
If I go back in to the database I find out that the connection to Elco stopped after we had an intended power off because of the installation of the PV modules. After power on there was apparently no Elco anymore. So, I do not believe that it has to with the version.
Where do I find the logs of appdemon? Is it possible to delete appdemon/Elco and to reinstall? (after having made a backup)
Thank you Bernd

for logs go to settings add-ons appdaemon, and you will find logs.
you can force reinstall the app via HACS.

Hello nechry
I have succeeded at last .
The reason was (I suppose that that is the reason - but in software you never can sure that you have found the reason):
appdemon 4 did not start. Then I went to appdemon → configuration and have changed the port, but set it back to 5050 - and now the icon was blue and it worked.
I think with the update to appdemon 4 there may be a port problem (which is also discussed in the community). But I did not changed the port - I only “touched” the port in configuration.
Now it works . Thank you for your app.
I have written to Elco as I miss for my heat pump the value for the heat meter. (So you can calculate the "jahresarbeitszahl). As a heat meter was in the description of the heat pump I made a complaint to deliver the values. (If I get the figure and you can defininei an entity I would sponsor for your app)
Kind Reagrds
Bernd
(starting homeassistant at the age of 74)

1 Like

ELCO didn’t like we use the private API, I think they will not answer your request and or ask for stop using it….

1 Like

Once more @nechry big thanks for this integration. It works like a charm on my Elco Thision S 17.1 with remocon.
I’m missing 2 datapoints from my iphone app that I don’t see in the sensor: the flow temperature of the heating and its pressure. Don’t you have this in your app? Or could you just not make sense of it in the API response (I will in the meantime try your trick to add logging from here?.
Happy to run the postman collection on my instance to see what’s coming from my end if you are willing to share them.

ps: it might be worth to add the keyword “Ariston” to your project, as they are the original developers of the app and I believe they use the same hardware to communicate with gas or heat pumps system, that might give more exposure to your project as well and have a larger community participating.

Hey @matfroh Thank for your message.

I will add a debug dump via a parameter to allow users to activate a full dump of what elco api provides. I will also tag Ariston.

Happy to help and if my small contribution is useful

Ok, so from my understanding reading the logs, there must be a separate API call to get the data from the screen I was showing. My logs show exactly the sensors you have set, nothing more, which matches all of the data on the App’s home screen. The “appliance” menu seems to trigger a new API call.
Here is what I’ve got from the log, showing exactly your entities:

023-10-27 20:51:15.603432 INFO remocon: {‘timeProgs’: , ‘plantData’: {‘outsideTemp’: 12.5, ‘hasOutsideTempProbe’: True, ‘dhwComfortTemp’: {‘min’: 37.0, ‘max’: 65.0, ‘value’: 40.0, ‘step’: 1.0}, ‘dhwReducedTemp’: {‘min’: 8.0, ‘max’: 40.0, ‘value’: 37.0, ‘step’: 1.0}, ‘dhwEnabled’: True, ‘dhwMode’: {‘value’: 1, ‘options’: [{‘value’: 0, ‘text’: ‘Off’}, {‘value’: 1, ‘text’: ‘On’}]}, ‘flameSensor’: True, ‘heatPumpOn’: False, ‘dhwStorageTemp’: 58.5, ‘dhwStorageTempError’: False, ‘hasDhwStorageProbe’: True, ‘outsideTempError’: False, ‘isDhwProgReadOnly’: False}, ‘zoneData’: {‘holidays’: , ‘mode’: {‘allowedOptions’: [0, 1, 2, 3], ‘allowedOptionTexts’: [‘Protection’, ‘Automatic’, ‘Reduced’, ‘Comfort’], ‘value’: 1}, ‘isHeatingActive’: True, ‘isCoolingActive’: False, ‘hasRoomSensor’: False, ‘chComfortTemp’: {‘min’: 19.0, ‘max’: 35.0, ‘value’: 20.0, ‘step’: 0.5}, ‘chReducedTemp’: {‘min’: 4.0, ‘max’: 20.0, ‘value’: 19.0, ‘step’: 0.5}, ‘coolComfortTemp’: {‘min’: 0.0, ‘max’: 0.0, ‘value’: 0.0, ‘step’: 0.0}, ‘coolReducedTemp’: {‘min’: 0.0, ‘max’: 0.0, ‘value’: 0.0, ‘step’: 0.0}, ‘roomTemp’: 0.0, ‘heatOrCoolRequest’: True, ‘chProtectionTemp’: 4.0, ‘coolProtectionTemp’: 4.0, ‘chHolidayTemp’: 0.0, ‘coolHolidayTemp’: 0.0, ‘desiredRoomTemp’: 20.0, ‘useReducedOperationModeOnHoliday’: False, ‘roomTempError’: False}}

This is right, so I expose everything I discover but others boilers can also expose more / others details.

I previously investigated others API routes but more complicated to lookup.

I will put me be more effort as this integration got some interest from users.

hello @matfroh I did some research on Ariston and discovered this integration: Ariston NET remotethermo Integration for Home Assistant
I tested with my remocon.net credentials and it works pretty well. In addition we also have set point controls and other control functionalities.

This integration is based on python-ariston-api and supports my boiler.
Certainly easier to configure and use than what I did…lol

So take a look

1 Like

thanks for the tip @nechry . Will go ahead and explore. Small typo in your URL. Here we go!

1 Like

thanks I fixed

I have made a claim to Elco because they offered a heat meter but I cannot read the heat meter values for my heat pump aerotop sx
In the app remocon I found a variable flow-temp (about 33 C), but I did not find on the website. Is ist possible to read the variable flow-temp by adding it somehow to the python script?

Thank you for the great interface.

In case you put even more work into it, please consider expanding it to a second heating circuit. We got an Elco with separate settings for floor heating (doesn’t show), radiators and warm water.

Hello Bernd, unfortunately, in all the tests I’ve done, this information is not available via the API I’m using. As ELCO does not want independent developers to use the API I don’t think it will be available in the near future