Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products

When will it be in the official Home Assistant component list?

1 Like

Great work @istvan.szirtes !!!

1 Like

@mkuoppa @steckenpferd @Igor_Jurisic:
Do you have also tested it with groups of shutters?
Does it only not work correctly on my instance / in my environment? :frowning:

I didn’t have a chance to test groups much, since it’s my summer house that is equipped with Elero…but from what I tested I can confirm that not all of them react every time (as a group). You are not alone :slight_smile:

So from remote, for now, I just use one at the time. Maybe simply making a script that triggers all in entities with 1 sec delay would work better? I can’t test myself, since I’m not there, and will not be for a while :frowning:

1 Like

I have no possibility to test groups since I only have 1 Elero tubular motor. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have configured groups and it does not work properly. Sometimes only a part of the shutters are running, sometimes none at all, but almost never all.
I have groups with a size of 5 and 8 shutters, with all groups containing channels > 7.

All in all, I can’t automate the shutters, because I always have to manually do it myself for a part of the shutters.

The log is full of messages like this:
2019-01-27 13:22:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Updating elero cover took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15

@istvan.szirtes: Any time to continue to work on this? :slight_smile:

Just want to inform (if you have not yet seen it) that this Elero custom component is now changed according to new Home Assistant custom component file structure.

2 Likes

Hm… what does that mean? :slight_smile: Do I have to update? Are there any other changes?

If you are updating Home Assistant to one of the latest versions…you have to re-download the files and place them as they are currently on Github. They changed how custom components should be structured (files and folders).

1 Like

Hi,
unfortunately, my shutters are still not reliably controlled. I work a lot with groups and probably the Transmitter Stick can’t handle sending some requests at the same time.
In Openhab it was solved with a queue, so the Transmitter Stick waits a short time (e.g. one second) between the requests. This has always worked very well, even if the shutters don’t move at the same time, but with an offset of seconds.

1 Like

Hi @dierk86,

Please try the lates version of the lib form the Github: https://github.com/W00D00/home-assistant-elero

The groups are working well for me.
If you have a log with errors, please share it with me.

Thanks,
Istvan

Hi Istvan,

Can you please let us know what changes you made in this version?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @istvan.szirtes for continue working on this component! :smiley:
I use it every day! :sunglasses:

@Igor_Jurisic:
The main new feature I’ve found is that the transmitter ID now got replaced by the transmitter serial number (in the configuration). This works also pretty good, as you don’t have to find out the USB port any more.
First I did not know how to find out the serial number of my transmitter stick, I then plugged the USB stick into my Windows machine and there it was easy to read out the serial number.

1 Like

I tried the latest version of this component and still the group operations are not working properly.
So if you are interested, I can try to create a log file for that.

@istvan.szirtes: Do you have any time to continue this lib? Or do you plan to complete it in future? :smiley:
Or you left this “project”? :frowning:

Dear All,

Thanks @andy-online. Yes, I would like to continue to develop this lib. However, I have not so much time for it. If you have a problem or you want to propose a change or get a new feature, please go to my Github repo and open an issue and I will take care of it.

1 Like

Hi @andy-online,

please provide me a log and I will try to figure it out what could be a the problem.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @andy-online,

Tha serial number of the given transmitter stick what you have connected to your device where the HA is running is logged out into the Ha log on debug level. So, you can find easily if you try to find the following “Elero - an Elero Transmitter Stick is found on port: ‘<>’ with serial number: ‘<>’.”
I hope it will help you.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hey, I’m glad you guys are still around!
This component literally brings light into my life :smiley:

It would be wonderful if we could make it official one day though :slight_smile:

2 Likes