Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products

@Igor_Jurisic
I absolutely agree - this is the most important component for me in Home Assistant and also I would be more than happy if this could become an official feature in future.

@istvan.szirtes:
I am totally happy that you are still here and I really really appreciate that you already spent so much time here. I am very sorry that I can only support here in doing tests and giving feedback, as I am not a programmer and also not experienced with GitHub.
(Does Home Assistant support a kind of crowed-founding or giving gratuity to such great developers? I mean, I would like to support this component by spending some money if this would help to make it “perfect”.)
I’ll create and collect log files in the next days and then try to document the findings / behavior as good as possible.

@Igor_Jurisic: I’ve created 3 issues in the Github repo.
I would be great if you could have a look into them.

Please just let me know if you need further details / log files / execute further tests/ …
It would be a great pleasure for me to help you to improve this component!

Thanks a ton in advance for spending so much time into this component and home assistant.

Hi All,

Thanks for the reported issues. Please go to the GitHub repo issue section for my answers.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, i have Elero shutters and I’m trying to find this usb transmitter stick to buy, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I did find this on the official Elero site:

https://www.elero.com/en/applications/examples-of-use/centero-home/

Can I use home assistant with this?

1 Like

I am also very interested in the integration of “Centero Home”. The usb stick is nowhere to be found :frowning:.

I purchased from this guy…maybe it’s worth contacting him?

@domen121, @kedante:
No, the “Centero Home” cannot be used instead of the USB transmitter stick with this solution here.
Maybe the “Centero Home” does also have an API, but as far as I know there is no solution for using it in Home Assistant yet.

I don’t know in which countries you both are located - perhaps this link can help you: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/5060432_-centero-15-kanal-transmitter-stick-elero.html

I see that they are selling only the USB transmitter stick, but if I am correct, I also need a centero server to plug the USB in it?

You only need the usb stick…and you plug it into Pi etc.

Thanks for the information. I hope that things can change in the future.

Hi All,

I made some improvements based on your reported issues. The position slider is usable now with all supported Elero commands.
Please update your custom component from my Github:

The issue what you have reported is solved please inform me or close the given issue on Github.

Thanks,

István

1 Like

@istvan.szirtes: You are my Home Assistant HERO. :slight_smile:
With every update, this library / component is becomming better and better!
I feel we are just one step before “absolutely perfect”. :slight_smile:

Additionally, do you know if there is a chance that this component could become an official one in HA?

Hi All,

I made some improvements based on your reported issue “The intermediate and ventilation commands and the statuses do not match to each other.”. The position slider is usable now with all supported Elero commands.

The issue what you have reported is solved please inform me or close the given issue on Github.

Thanks,

István

1 Like

Tilt and intermediate positions are now working perfectly! :smiley: Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Thanks. It sounds good. Please share your experiences or ideas if you find something.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley:
So only the issues with the errors and group commands are open - then the lib would would be 100 percent perfect for me! :smiley:

Hi All,

I made a try improvement based on your reported issue “shutters often do not react / move”.

Thanks,

István

1 Like

Hi All,

I made a try to improve the group control.

Thanks,

István

1 Like

Thank you so much for the effort you spend on this component, @istvan.szirtes! :slight_smile:
I’ve just downloaded / updated the files and will give you feedback in the next days! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@istvan.szirtes: With your latest version this component now works so pretty perfect! It is really great.
As far as I’ve seen in the last days, now all issues are solved:

• single shutters now work stable
  • group operations now work complete
  • tilt / intermediate positions now work

So I am very happy now with that component and want to thank you so much for having developed that component!

I would love to see becoming this component an official part of HA in future!

And once again: Thank you a ton, @istvan.szirtes :slight_smile: