Thanks a lot for including Guardian integration with HA, I was waiting for this for some time.
After updating HA 227, I restarted both HA and Guardian valve and try to add them from the integration tab, but each time it was giving me the unknown error.’
I used the local IP that is permanent for Guardian valve ( 192.168.0.61) and the default port 7777
Kindly share your experience. I am not able to find error logs for this, if you find the error log please share with the owner in Github I create an issue but without the logs it is not possible for them to reproduce.
I can ping Gurardian it works as normal. from the app i can control the valve and new firmware is updated as well.
Unknown error occurred
Configure a local Elexa Guardian device.
Simple steps to add your Guardian Valve into Home Assistant
- If your GV is the old interface, go to settings of valve and remove it.
- On the valve there is a button, hold it for 10 second or till you hear a beep
- Now the valve is reset to factory mode
- Use an android phone or tablet and Download the Guardian by Elexa beta app for Android ( My IOS app did not work)
- The beta app can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elexausa.guardianapp
- Follow the steps to add your valve back to the new beta app, hope they will improve this before 2020
- Once the valve is online try close and open once, if this works from your android app, you are ready to add into HA
- Next step is to find out the IP of valve from our router you need this IP to integrate with HA.
- From your HA, click on configuration integrations at the bottom right use the +
- In search type Elexa select Elexa Guardian
- Type your GV IP, hit enter, within a minute you see it get added