Elgato Eve Energy using Bluetooth and Homekit Controller?

Has anyone managed to get the Elgato Eve Energy controller working in HASS using Bluetooth and the Homekit Controller integration?

I have the Bluetooth integration installed and configured on my MacMini but any deleted and hardware resetted fully updated Elgato Eve Energy devices won’t show up.

" HomeKit Controller will automatically discover Bluetooth devices once the Bluetooth integration is enabled and functional. Bluetooth devices may take significantly longer to pair than IP devices."

Doesn’t really seem to happen (for me). I’m not surprised, but I am interested if anyone gotten any Homekit BT-devices to work with HomeKit Controller and what steps are necessary?

Your Eve Energy must not be connected to your HomeKit system.

It’s not. I disconnected, even made a hard reset.

My controller found them automatically when the Energy is in pairing mode.
Is the Bluetooth Range enough?

There are no pairing mode on my Eve Energy plugs. These are a version from 2015. The only hardware button just switches on or off or reset the unit. Upgraded to most recent firmware.

Yes set him back again in this time you search. It is a little bit strange. I have found every Product with Bluetooth immediately.

1 Like

I had the same issue regarding an Eve Energy gen 3 (no matter/tread support).

As I am running Home Assistant Core on a Raspberry Pi I had to first add bluetooth: to my config file. Afterwards I had to enable the Intergration Bluetooth. I also checked the ‘Passive Scanning’ in the config.

Then, I did a factory reset on the Eve Energy plug and the plug was detected by Home Assistant. You need the 8 digit homekit code to pair it with Home Assistant. It took a bit after submitting the code, but eventually it accepted this as a device.

Thanks @marxkus for helping!

1 Like