Emergency Mode - loosing all configurations

Hi Guys,

I am facing a very annoying issue.

My current status:

My HA is working quite well, despite some small errors, I will worry about, as soon the most annoying issue is solved.

So… my HA is working well on Rapsi4.

Check Configuration shows à Configutation valid! (green)

My devices also show history when I look at it. Some week ago I had the topic, that it was not possible, I think because it started a corrupt home-assistant_v2.db.corrupt.yaml, I just deleted it, but it still exists.

When I am starting my HA through Sever Controls, everything is fine.

The problem begins, when I have to hard reset (pull plug) my raspi4.

Why am I hard reseting?

Sometimes, I would estimate once per week, my HA stops working.

When I want to restart server from HA frontend I get the information: “failed to call service homeassistant restart… → Reason utf-8 entry in configuration.yaml”
I didnt change anything in the yaml.

Now begins the problem:
My Raspi4 is booting in emergency mode. (see picture1)
When I type in dmesg I get following information (see picture 2)

Finally I continue by pressing Control-D.
HA starts normally and it works.
The problem is, that all entities I added since my last restart are not shown in HA anymore.
From those who are still existing in HA, some of them are not available anymore and I have to connect them again.
Also my created automations and dashboards I created since last restart don’t exist anymore.
I assume, that it has something to do with the emergency mode.
I hope I have not shared any confidential information from my system :smiley:
I also hope that you see a way how to setup my Rapsi/HA, so that I can go on configurating my HA.

Kind Regards
AK

I think that point of emergency mode is so that you can get in to home assistant and edit the config. It is NOT to start adding integrations and things. You should try to reboot the Raspberry Pi once Emergency mode has finished, and try to get back in to normal mode. It is the equivalent of Windows Safe Mode - it will try to boot up with the minimal amount of stuff loaded so that you have some form of access to the machine. But in case the reason for emergency mode was some integration that you added or a custom component or something, it will obviously not load anything but the minimal config.

1 Like

You really should run a fsck on your SD/SSD/HDD

I dont know how to get out of the emergency Mode.
Is it possible to do the fsck out of the HA Terminal or with putty?

I typed in terminal

‚‘‘‘
Sudo fsck -a -c -l
‚‘‘‘

Answer:
Fsck busybox ( 1.33.1)