Emoncms history component added

Hey guys,

i just created a pull request for a emoncms history component. It works the same way as the dweet.io one and can send any numerical data to emoncms.

@devdelay requested this, and it was a good idea. This should let you for example send power readings from any supported devices (sensors, binary sensors, state attributes, …) on home assistant to emoncms for further processing, but can also be used to send any data you want from any device as long as it is numerical data. In emoncms you can then create feeds and based on the feeds dashboards. The dashboards can then be linked inside home assistant using an extra (iframe) panel (could be you have to make the dashboards public)

if you happen to need data that’s put inside a state attribute you can make an extra template sensor to show this value and use the template sensor with this component.

as the component monitors for state changes it will not show values immediatly inside emoncms if your values don’t change that often and on the other hand if you happen to use this with a lot of components that change values a lot it will only call the input api of emoncms once every second

in case you’re wondering what the dashboards look like on emoncms you can view the video i created a long time ago to display my power readings from smart maginon aldi plugs (getting it’s data not using this component). It’s just basic and my dashboards have changed a lot by now

So now we have ways to import data from emoncms into home assistant (using emoncms sensor component) as well as export data from home hassistant to emoncms (using this emoncms_history component if the pr gets accepated) :slight_smile:

edit: i tested linking directly to the dashboard and it works you do have to make the dashboard public otherwise not all widgets show. Adding ?apikey=yourreadapikey to the dashboard url seemed to work partially only if they were not public (not sure if you still need to the apikey once there public have not tested that). Here are 3 screenshots of the dashboards from emoncms directly showing inside home assistant by using the iframe panel

3 Likes

I look forward to trying this out.

With this component is it possible to send data to both the local and emoncms.org at the same time?