Emporia Vue

Can anyone help me? I am trying to work out how to get the 1s sensors’s enabled, all I have is the 1m, 1d & 1 month.

I see the latest rev made this compliant as a energy input sensor. But only for the day and month variables. Is there a way to make the minute variable complaint as a grid input as well?

“The main feature of this update is support for the new Energy Dashboard available in Home Assistant 2021.8 and smoothing of the day sensors by utilizing the minute data.”

Sorry, I was thrown off by the use of the Tesla symbols in the display card!

My Tesla graphs that look like that are CURRENT power flow, not the aggregated amount of power. The use of the little ball on the line also makes it appear it’s instant and not cumulative power in kWH. Sorry it’s really confusing the graphs are almost identical but showing something totally different!

Hello Sc00bs110, thank you for the info on [magico 13/ha-emporia-vue] integration. Can you post a link to the github so I can get the integration? I tried searching HACS as 'magico 13" and “emporia-vue” without any luck.

Can anyone tell me the integration pulls in any sensors available on the Emporia API? I’'m specifically interested in putting in a few of their smart plugs when monitoring the entire circuit doesn’t give me desired granularity.

Hello. I just got a note from Emporia support indicating the following:

Our logs show that your Emporia account is making invalid calls to our cloud. As our app continues to improve, some previously valid calls have been deprecated.

If you don’t access our cloud programmatically, you may be running an old version of our app. Please update to the latest version.

As a reminded, programmatic access is unsupported. If you do call our APIs directly, please:
Limit calls to no more than 2 a minute to keep the cost impact down.
Check your logs for errors.

I asked them if something had changed in the backend and said it had (but did not provide details). I am curious if anyone else has had this. I did disable the integration in HomeAssistant as it was causing an error now.

Any insight/feedback is welcome.

Toby Field

1 Like

I just ordered 2. Will let you know this weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got mine installed last week, awesome product!

Hello folks. Is it possible for the Emporia Vue integration to supply pricing data to HA? I told the app on my phone what tarriff we are buying electricity from, so it knows the prices at different times of the day.

1 Like

So just what sensor do you select for the built in energy dashboard? Day or Month?
I was using day but it reset the cost every day. Waiting to see if month displays better

They work as in you get sensors for Min, Day, and Mon. As well they show up as a switch in HA. You can add them to “Individual Device’s” in the config for the energy sidebar also.

But I have not found a way to get “cost” for a plug. There is a place in the app for it even though I have yet to see it reflected anywhere in the app and there is no place in HA for cost under individual items. I have only setup one plug so far, but I expect to have 2 rows when done.

Perfect thanks

No clue if 2 sockets were the ticket or that I placed the second socket under the Main Shop in the app. But Now in addition to the 4 entries for the plug I have 3 for power balance. I have no clue what they are

EDIT: Balance is what is left from the plug usage. Stuff not measured by a plug.

Does anybody have an issue with the hourly kwh data from this integration not matching the hourly data in the vue app? Mine is close but not exact. My suspicion is that the integration data isn’t set to the same time (or same time zone) even though my HA is definitely set to the right time zone.

I am not smart enough to do this :slight_smile:
I would like to be able to create a sensor for the other cost valuse that are not generated from the energy tab. As in if I select 1D to use for consumption HA creates a cost for this. I would like to see Min and Mon also.

Apparently it is done with templates. sensor_1Min * “cost per kWH”

Anyone figured this out yet?
Thanks,
Grey

This seems to work

template:
   sensor:
      - name: Minute Power Cost
        state_class: measurement
        unit_of_measurement: USD
        device_class: power
        icon: mdi:transmission-tower
        state: >
          {% set production = states('sensor.power_shop_123_1min') | float %}

{{ (production * 0.00009) }}  

- name: Month_Power
        state_class: measurement
        unit_of_measurement: USD
        device_class: power
        icon: mdi:transmission-tower
        state: >
          {% set production = states('sensor.power_shop_123_1mon') | float %}

{{ (production * 0.09) }}      

Great work @magico13 - how do I shout a coffee (or 5)?

@PapaLanc - would you be willing to share the yaml for your dashboard? I’m interested in the power vs energy balance. I’ve just had my vue installed yesterday, got the integration up and running, now looking to make it useful.

1 Like

The balance is automagic if you configure a sensor under the main