Emulated Hue + Alexa discovery fails

I rebuilt my Pi3 + venv installation last night with the latest rasbian and 0.61.1 and could not for the life of me get Alexa to discover my emulated Hue devices using a config that has worked for quite some time previously.

I have discovered that reverting back to a previous HA release allows Alexa to discover device again. My method is below

0.61.1:
Description.xml showed the emulated bridge was up, running and accessible, and API/pi/lights showed the 16 devices I have exposed just fine. No devices detected by Alexa.

0.61.0:
Description.xml showed the emulated bridge was up, running and accessible, and API/pi/lights showed the 16 devices I have exposed just fine. No devices detected by Alexa.

Description.xml showed the emulated bridge was up, running and accessible, and API/pi/lights showed the 16 devices I have exposed just fine. All devices detected by Alexa.

Config used will be posted when I’m home tonight, and I will be testing each release in between 58.1 and 61.0 to check where the break point is. Posting in the hopes that this helps end someone else’s hours of misery trying to get emulated Hue working with Alexa.

I’d appreciate it if anyone else can chime in with their emulated Hue experience when using 58.1.

I recently discovered HA and had the same issue, I am now running 0.61.1 with discovery working fine.
i added listen_port to 80.
Hope you can try the same change and confirm my fix…

2 Likes

Now that’s an interesting discovery, I’ll give that a shot too!

Edit: Yup, can confirm this worked for me! Thank you from the bottom of my Pi! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did you load the individual versions?
(would line to have a play with 0.58.1). I know how to upgrade to latest version.

pip3 install homeassistant==0.58.1

Replace the version number at the end with the one you want to use.