Emulated Hue Not Working At ALL!

Am I missing something or has emulated hue stopped working and been abandoned since the cloud piece of homeassistant has come out. I cannot get any of my lights to work and i can see them in the xml page for ha. I have a 1st gen amazon echo and since version 93.x it has stopped working completely.

All working here fine in 94.2. Have you validated your config recently. If so is it reporting any errors. I use Hue Emulation to Control X10 via an Alexa Dot Gen 1

Working for me without issue

Your post is ambiguous. “Not working” can mean many things. What’s not working? Device Discovery? Your lights already pre-discovered lights? Please post any errors in your logs and your configuration. It would also be advantageous to post your description and api/lights.

Well, at first the devices were discovered and showing up in the alexa app but when i try to turn a light on or off i got the response device unavailable or not responding. Then I removed all devices and tried to rediscover devices and it finds nothing. I also dont see any errors in the logs for homeassistant.

Here is the api for hue when I point to http://hass:8300/api/pi/lights

`

{“10”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Mud Room”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.media_room”}, “31”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Christmas Tree”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.zw_005_dimmer_switch”}, “33”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Family Room Lamp”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.zw_003_scene_switch”}, “36”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Bedroom”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.bedroom”}, “39”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Media Room Light”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.media_room_2”}, “44”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “kitchen island”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: null, “on”: true, “reachable”: true, “sat”: null}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “input_boolean.kitchen_island”}, “46”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Office light”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.office_light”}, “47”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “office_tv_power”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.office_tv_power”}, “8”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Open Masking System”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.blinds_1”}, “9”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Close Masking System”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.blinds_2”}}

`

here is my config:

emulated_hue:
  host_ip: 10.0.0.20
  listen_port: 8300
  upnp_bind_multicast: true
  expose_by_default: true
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - input_boolean
  entities:
    light.media_room:
      name: "Mud Room"
    light.zw_003_scene_switch:
      name: "Family Room Lamp"
    light.zw_004_dimmer_switch:
      hidden: true
    light.zw_005_dimmer_switch:
      name: "Christmas Tree"
    light.media_room_2:
      name: "Media Room Light"
    switch.fireplace:
    switch.plex_server:
    switch.auto_dr:

How are you discovering these in Alexa? are you adding a skill or just doing discovery via the smarthome tab?

There is another post somewhere where someone mentions there being a device limit of 50 and you should not use expose by default true. Set expose by default to false and only include the devices you want. Then run discovery on alexa again

He’s only got 10 items. And the limit is actually 63. Something else is going on.

@Antasp3136 switch.office_tv_power’s name that is exposed to emulated hue contains underscores. Try changing that name to something without underscores.

"47": {
    "modelid": "HASS123",
    "name": "office_tv_power", #<-----------------
    "state": {
      "bri": 0,
      "hue": 0,
      "on": false,
      "reachable": true,
      "sat": 0
    },
    "swversion": "123",
    "type": "Dimmable light",
    "uniqueid": "switch.office_tv_power"
  }

So i have removed the office tv completely from my config. It was a dummy switch that it was playing with so ive removed it. Also i changed the expose by default from true to false and tried to redescover devices not using any kind of skill just the regular search for devices and its still not finding anything. This was working fine in version 93.x ever since i upgraded to 94.x it hasnt worked.

can you post your api/pi/lights again? With the new changes?

Did the IP on your network of your home assistant change?

No changes to the ip of HA… Well below 50 devices…

{“10”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Mud Room”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.media_room”}, “31”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Christmas Tree”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.zw_005_dimmer_switch”}, “33”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Family Room Lamp”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.zw_003_scene_switch”}, “36”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Bedroom”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.bedroom”}, “39”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Media Room Light”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.media_room_2”}, “46”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Office light”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “hue”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true, “sat”: 0}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “light.office_light”}}

It’s been a while since I’ve used discovery but when you go to discovery…

are you selecting add a device in devices?

Are you then selecting phillips hue?

Are you then selecting phillips hue V1 bridge?

fyi your api/lights looks good, so i don’t think that’s the problem. Personally, I’d just verify the IP thing. Probably should make that a static IP in general anyways.

It is static… im just doing the regular discovery which has worked in the past not using the skill. Also before it completely stopped working it would let me turn lights off from alexa but not on… would always say not responding. Just really weird behavior.

Is your app out of date? All discovery methods I see in the app require a device type now. I.E. you need to specify Hue and the bridge version.

Yea ive tried all of that v1 and v2 still does not find anything. No new devices found is the message i get after discovery. Not sure what else to try. This is a docker container but the ip and port is exposed since i can see it from a web browser on any system in the network.

I’m running off docker so that shouldn’t be a problem. I’m at a loss. Maybe turn on debug and see if any errors/warngings are in the logs

I usually just tell alexa to “discover devices” or use alexa.amazon.com and there is a button for discovery (you have to be on a desktop though, on mobile it just redirects you to use the app)

Yea I have no idea. That also does not work. I wonder if i should spin up another instance of ha and see if its maybe something wrong with that instance…