Emulated Hue/Roku with Cloud service?

Hello

I am trying to add a switch (or run an automation with Roku key press) to my harmony hub but it isn’t finding either of them. I can access the pages HA generates but harmony app/remote doesn’t pick them up.

I am using the HA cloud service, does that stop them being picked up? I can see the switch I created in the Alexa app, but want to run it form a harmony activity (basically it a WOL for a PC, which works fine from HA)

Cheers
Mark

Tried Roku on another PC with Docker and that is found… Must be something to do with the QNAP docker?

and I can connect to it via a browser… just isn’t discovered manually or automatically. doing my head in… I just want to run a script to WOL a PC!! grrr

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0">
<specVersion>
<major>1</major>
<minor>0</minor>
</specVersion>
<device>
<deviceType>urn:roku-com:device:player:1-0</deviceType>
<friendlyName>Home Assistant Roku</friendlyName>
<manufacturer>Roku</manufacturer>
<manufacturerURL>http://www.roku.com/</manufacturerURL>
<modelDescription>Emulated Roku</modelDescription>
<modelName>Roku 4</modelName>
<modelNumber>4400x</modelNumber>
<modelURL>http://www.roku.com/</modelURL>
<serialNumber>Home Assistant Roku</serialNumber>

Sod it I gave up on these and created a virtual switch in smarterthings site, the added that to harmony, created a webhook automation to run the WOL script, then created a IFTTT to run the web hook once the virtual switch was flicked in the harmony activity… bit of a faff on but works…

ok I am back to this… is anyone using Emulated hue or Roku via a docker on a QNAP? I can see the webpages but when I try to search or add into Alexa app or Harmony, they just don’t see them.

Any ideas please?

is there anything I am missing with this please? I’ve tried everything to get Roku working but it just does want to be seen by the harmony.

What are you trying to push over? Just lights? I had emulated hue working with harmony but I’ve since removed it. I vaguely remember that you had to select gen 1 hue hub in harmony.

trying to push over smart mqtt switches so I can power on soundbar and other things as on standby they use loads of watts…

I used to use it and it did work well but had no need for it, till now :smiley:

Roku shows up if I run from a docker on my old laptop, but on the qnap it just never sees it.

Ah, sorry, I don’t have experience with any of that… sorry.

I finally have it to show up in alexa! which is huge progress :smiley:

Can you see the Roku with the Roku app?

yeah I can and the hue shows in alexa. Neither show up in harmony elite/hub… grr

Then it’s a harmony issue.
Is harmony on same network etc?
Add device > Roku 4
There was a problem with this a week or so back, but that prevented it showing up at all, v was fixed in ha update

Yeah at least I know both are showing up but not in harmony… Saying that roku worked from a different docker setup… When I search for hue… If finds the real hue… Should I be switching that off 1st?

I can see the HA roku but cannot connect to it… Normal i guess

From the Roku app?
You should be able to connect and send commands to it

Ah bugger then… Something odd is going on. This is doing my head in

so I created a new instance of HA, different machine (other one switched off) all I have is emulated Roku. The app sees it but still the same - connection error - please try again. :frowning:

but I can add it to harmony grrrrr so why does the qnap docker block it? same network, etc etc etc

EDIT Emulated HUE works as well… any idea what I can do to see why the qnap is blocking them both? I can open both status pages but not find them gggrrr

Stripped everything out, disabled cloud added 1 switch as a light, restarted everything and it found it! days wasted and it appears to be working… WTF gives :smiley:
Thanks to those who replied. Stops me needing IFTTT, virtual ST switches, webhooks and a right fanny on!

cloud has nothing to do with it. Don’t know why you keep going there. You gotta realize that you’re emulating hardware. This hardware has limitations, especially the emulated hue. So you have to work within the limits of the hardware limitations. I.E. Entity names will matter, number of devices will matter, device types will matter.

The fact that you reduced your data to a single switch leads me to believe you had poor friendly names that were stepping on the toes of each other or you had too many devices. I know know about emulated_roku, but emulated_hue has a device limit in the middle 60’s. Anything more will cause problems.

EDIT: If cloud truly is messing with your system, then you might need a proxy like nginx. This would only be the case if you can’t find HA via your IP on your network.

I didn’t and only had 5 advertised, so god knows. I think it was a harmony issue