Enable device (PHONE) tracking after setting up HA app (Android)

Hi,
glad you find the solution at the end.
how this will work if you have 2 instances of Home-Assistant running ?
let’s say one at home and one in your holiday home ? how do you do the setup ?
thanks in advance for any ideas

you can enable and disable servers on a per server basis in the app

Hello, I configure the Person and the mobile app:

but the status of the entity tracking my phone is unknow:

immagine
immagine

I gor from mobile phone sensor (Wifi and Geolocation) working, phone tracker is the only one that it’s not working…

Where am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your support!

1 Like

Thank you very much.

I think that my issue could be this one:

Since I can use the mobile app only without WiFi connection.
As soon I get WiFi connected I cannot access anymore to the mobile app, receiving an error message on the local IP.

So, I follow the steps in the trouble shooting guide to install the WiFi Certificate, but my question is: Where do I take such certificate?

Sorry but I’m quite new about networking… :frowning:

if you dont know you are usig a self signed certificate tehn you probably are not using it.

what URLs are you using in the app?

I dont think you should be using a self signed certificate if you dont know how they work, you wll run into more issues.

Clear. Indeed I’m not aware I am using it.
I thought it was that, because it’s the only issue on the list that came close to the problem I’m encoutering.

I got DuckDNS to reach HA from the internet and local intranet always reachable via local ip even if I am on the WiFi.
Only the mobile app are not working when I got the WiFi connected.

What could it be?

you will need to reference however you setup Duck DNS with possibly nginx? not sure on your setup thats unique to whatever you did

Just did the standard DuckDNS config on the HA official guide… (tokens, Certfile, keyfile)

double check the URLs in teh app…remember you cannot use HTTPS with local IP, must be HTTP otherwise certificate is not valid.

Great. Thank you so much… That was the problem.!

Anyway the tracker entity of the mobile phone has no status yet.

immagine

now you need to re-reference the link I sent and check the steps and if those are good keep reading to check location tracking history

Yes…location sensor is enabled, as well as the Background Location, Location Zone and Single Accurate Location.
Location history is also working…in fact I got the Sensor location working:

immagine

Only the Tracker Entity is unknow

geocoded location is not hte same as location tracking, please make sure you are looking at the correct location history screen. Its mentioned in the link above.

1 Like

Yes… I think it is:

What do you think?

yes looks to be working, skipping old updates and getting valid updates and sending them successfully.

are you sure you are looking at the correct tracker entity? Are there any errors in the HA core logs? The app is at least sending updates successfully to the server so you may not be looking at the correct entity or an error is occuring in HA core logs.

1 Like

no errors in the log.
The entity is device_tracker.oneplus_a6013

something may be corrupted elsewhere, please try to start fresh

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs/#starting-fresh-with-the-android-app

Oh, thank you very much for the great support.
I think that the issue could be that I had HA not up to date.
I will install last version and try again