Enable/disable Spotify+Hue in hue-bridge using a Switch in HA - possible?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to activate the new Spotify+hue Feature on the hue hub via Homeassistent as a switch or something similar?

Maybe using the Hue api?

Would be a nice feature to be able to quickly activate it for a Scene or an Automation with Google Home or similar and To deactivate it Afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Also looking for this as i currently have a setup where there’s a dedicated Harmony activity that does start our sound system, starts casting spotify to the TV and turn on Amibilight+Hue.

This would be the final addition to this set-up.

Okay, what I found out using the API Philips provides is the following:

The “Spotify+Hue” Sync triggers the status of a Hue Entertainment Light Group:

“Active” triggers to true and “owner” has some ID in it, probably to determine who is playing the stream.

I can also trigger it using a http PUT command, but sadly this onyl triggers the normal “enterainment”-function, but not the Spotify+hue Sync.

I couldn’t find any other place, where the Streaming could be activated in the DOCS of the Developers Page of Philips Hue.

Maybe Philips has to update those or the API to support the Spotify+Hue function to be triggered seperatly?

Here are the pages which I took a look on:
https://developers.meethue.com/develop/hue-entertainment/philips-hue-entertainment-api/
https://developers.meethue.com/develop/hue-api/

I’ve created a support request on the developers page… let’s see what they say :sweat_smile:

Any progress on this? Looking for the same thing

If you’re using Google Assistant, you can start and stop Hue+Spotify using voice command “turn on(off) music sync” (assuming your Google Assistant is linked and synced with Philips Hue).

Now, in order to send virtual voice commands to Google Assistant from Home Assistant you can use Assistant Relay. There is a great video guide for integrating HA with Assistant Relay: How-To: Home Assistant TALK TO Google Assistant / Google Home - YouTube

For a Switch in HA, I created a new input_boolean (I named it hue_music_sync) and two simple automations to issue virtual voice commands to Google Assistant based on the state of this input_boolean.

Here are my automations code - for On and Off:

alias: Hue Music Sync - On
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.hue_music_sync
    to: 'on'
condition: []
action:
  - service: rest_command.assistant_relay
    data:
      command: turn on music sync
mode: single

alias: Hue Music Sync - Off
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.hue_music_sync
    to: 'off'
condition: []
action:
  - service: rest_command.assistant_relay
    data:
      command: turn off music sync
mode: single

3 Likes

good solution. thanks :wink:

Try it by activating a scene :wink:

Could you please elaborate? Which scene?

Does not Work. I tried out

For anyone who is trying to figure this out:

First install Google Assistant SDK (by Home Assistant settings → Add-ons)

After installing and adding the Google Assistant SDK integration. You now create your automation with action service “Google Assistant SDK send text to command” in the command field write “start music sync”. (The stop command is: “stop music sync”)

2 Likes

You don’t need the add on with similar name. You just need to install the integration following the instructions in Google Assistant SDK - Home Assistant

Are more people having problems starting hue music sync with google assistant sdk? It worked like a charm before, other commands work fine. So it seems specific to the command “ start music sync” and “ stop music sync” ,

Hey, i Highly appreciate your work, and it works perfectly fine, did you also try to make that color changing thing from the Hue app an option?
usually for the music sync there are 4 color templates or the automatic mode, and it’d be awesome to be able to change that aswell
Thank you in advance :wink: