Enable Location Tracking

10.3.1, got same issue on 10.3 as well before updating.

Well I thought I had it reproduced but nope. Does this apply to any of you?

Iā€™m on iOS 10.3.1

Also, in phone settings the locations services have been set to always (I havenā€™t changed this so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s been always the whole time)

Also, in my configuration.yaml I havenā€™t explicitly declared a zone for home. Just using the home under the main homeassistant:

I did put in the customize under the homeassistant the track_ios: true

If you want, I can uninstall the app, and then try to reproduce the error?

Another note - Iā€™m also on HA app 1.0.1

Hi all,

I too had the same problem. On iOS 10.3.1, I installed HA app version 1.0.1 and enabled notifications first. Then I tried to enable location tracking and the app kept freezing. After uninstalling the app and re-installing, I enabled location tracking first, then notifications and everything seems to work fine.

BR

Iā€™ve been able to get the iOS tracking to work however how can I tie the old map to the iOS tracking and the Zone group that I have that shows which zone each person is in?

For example, I left for work this morning and after a few seconds after leaving the home zone I receive the iOS notification saying left Home but the zone still showed at Home. Same goes for when I entered the Work zone. I got the iOS notification that I got to work but the zone still showed Not Home. I have pasted a screen shot to help show what Iā€™m talking about.

@Jtmoore81 I had similar result. It was like the sensor icon didnā€™t update to reflect the correct status. But when I clicked on it to see detail history, it showed the time at home correctly for when I got home.

So the icon said away. So I clicked the refresh (looks like up arrow in the app) and it refreshed to status home. Then in looking at history detail it correctly displayed that I had been home for long while.

Example

I noticed that, I wish the UI status and the original map would display in real time based on the iOS tracking.

I had the same problem. On iOS 10.3.1, I installed HA app version 1.0.4 !!! on an iPhone 6s and enabled notifications first. Then I tried to enable location tracking and the app kept freezing. After uninstalling the app and re-installing, I enabled location tracking first, then notifications and everything seems to work fine.

Same here - had to reinstall and do location, THEN notifications. If you do it the other way around the app will freeze every time you try to enable location tracking.

I had the same issue. Uninstall and reinstall of home
Assistant didnā€™t help - the app settings also seemed to be maintained.

I did a config reset. Then uninstalled app. Then reinstalled. Re logged in. Then enabled both - 0ā€™problems.

I started with 1.0 so if youā€™re having problems try removing settings via a app reset ( inside the app) first.

The latest update has made this worse :frowning:

After the update, both location and notifications were disabled. Trying to enable location crashed the app. After a couple more tries, I managed to get location activated, but trying to enable notifications now crashes the app every time. (EDIT: however, it does seem that notifications are still working due to opting in to it in the previous version of the app)

Furthermore, the ā€œiOS Component Loadedā€ indicator is now showing an X about 80% of the time I load the app, but the other 20% of the time it shows the checkmark (EDIT: turns out, clicking ā€œsaveā€ on the connection seems to check for the components and properly display the checkmark)

I realize that this topic has been idle for quite a while, but I have been dealing with this problem with the current versions of the app. Any time that I went to App Configuration -> Location -> Location Permission and selected one of the two ā€œAllowā€ options, the app would freeze up and could only be closed. If it was set to ā€œAllow Onceā€ it could be reopened and was functional (but with permission disabled again). If it was set to ā€œAllow While Using Appā€ it would still be frozen when reopened, with just the settings gear displayed. I have tried resetting, uninstalling, and reinstalling. (I am on iOS 14.2).

Today when I tried it while preparing this post, it seems to be working with version 2020.7(11) and now 2021.1(5). Could this be something that was fixed this week, or should I expect it to happen again?

Yes, that is a bug that was fixed.