Endless "Out of frame flow!" warnings setting up Z-Wave integration

I’m facing the exact same problem and also just moved from RPi3 to the RPi4. Everything else is running as expected but the Z-Wave won’t start properly.

Have you figured out how to fix that problem?

Apparently the Aeotec Z-Stick Series 5 is incompatible with the RPi 4. A USB 2.0 port could be the solution - I’ll give it a try!

Using a cheap USB 2.0 hub really helped on that one. The Aeotec Z-Wave stick is now running as it used to!

Just an update here, too - I can confirm the “AEON Labs ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5” (US) stick does not like USB-3. I plugged it into a USB2 port of my NUC, and it’s now functioning.

I encountered a similar issue after a reboot. It seemed that my Z-Stick Gen 5 is statically linked to /dev/ttyACM0 in my configuration.yaml, but after a reboot The ConBeeII stick is assigned this address probably because the OS or hardware re-arranges the ports. To fix the issue, I went to Supervisor -> System -> Host system -> Hardware page and found the ‘by-id’ name of my Z-Stick and updated my configuration.yaml accordingly.

zwave:
#  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  usb_path: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0b37_0500-id00
  device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml

For the record: I am using Rpi4, original powersupply and a cheap USB hub for my Z-stick.

resart HA and see if it worked.