Energy: Cost for the individual devices

That is exactly what would be desirable!!!

+1 for this as well.

I sadly can’t use the Gas consumption as have my actual Gas being reported in via the smart meter through MQTT so track my Gas usage using the Gas function, hoping someone can work out a way of bringing this data into a dashboard (ideally the energy one).

I searched HACS for dashboard add on’s and couldn’t see a clean way of showing the cost of the individual devices, I did find one which allows you to see a breakdown of devices vs the total which I am going to use but it doesnt show the cost of items which is what I am looking for.

+1 here as well. Have been reading the options our way too complicated for noobs and people starting such as me :joy:

+1 here too!

1 Like

+1 here to, its strange its missing, and we have to use the gas consumption to se individual energy usage of devices like heat pump and dishwasher

happy new year all
E

Looks like dev-s are not interested in doing this feature request. I made a separate topic how to achieve this with a workaround. This example is with dynamic electircity price but you can make entity with a fix price and use that as well.

It’s actually not that complicated and using my example is doable by everybody.

Also reaching out to see if there are developers in our community interested in collaborating to bring this concept to life as a custom component for Home Assistant, accessible through HACS.

I want it separated from Gas as well. Like an extra extra session, hopefully to be named by me.
I don’t use gas, but there is a total sum below which is annoying.

With more and more people having consumption reported from smart devices like washing machines etc, it would be great.

4 Likes

I would love to have cost per individual device. To be honest, there is not much sense to see the consume of devices if you can’t see how much you are spending (cost).

3 Likes

+1 here too!

new update solves this

It does not. It shows the detailed usage (e.g kWh) per individual devices, but not the cost.

Correct and very frustrating they still haven’t included this feature.

Oh dear, now that I’ve got box mini from octopus, set everything up and wanted to see individual devices cost and …this … frustrating. Hopefully won’t be long before it gets implemented, seems like no brainer

1 Like

yes I see your point, youre correct

i must be doing something wrong ?

Looks like you’re doing it right to me. Pretty sure we all expected energy cost to show up in that section when the update released… turns out that’s not the case.

+1 here to!

1 Like

If someone that has the insight into the code around the energy dashboard and calculations I guess adding a little more shouldn’t be to hard to do at the same time?
So could we also include the calculation of self consumed solar in here too? And add a “Cost saved” for it.
This would have to be done for both solar/battery/and other power generating stuff if HA supports. Probably copy/paste between them?

In my mind, it’s basically just another “individual device” calculation… Just “the other way”.

There is already 2 requests for this:

Check my other forum post for solar benefit calculation: Solar benefit calculations - #4 by Bristol-jay

1 Like

I’m excited to share the first version of my custom Home Assistant integration, designed to seamlessly calculate energy costs based on your device’s power consumption and chaning electricity rates like Nordpool. This integration is perfect for anyone looking to get a detailed insight into their energy usage and costs.

Features

• Real-time Energy Cost: Tracks the cost of energy consumption in real-time (€/h).
  • Cumulative/Total Cost: Accumulates the total cost over time.
  • Daily, Monthly, & Yearly Costs: Breaks down energy costs into daily, monthly, and yearly totals.

Screenshots

Real-time Energy Cost
Cumulative Cost Overview

Getting Started

To start using this integration, simply add the power entity of your device and the electricity price entity to the configuration. The integration handles the rest, calculating various cost metrics based on your inputs.

Repository

You can find the code and more details on how to install and use this integration on GitHub:
Dynamic Energy Cost Integration

Note

This project is currently in its early beta phase. We encourage early adopters to use it cautiously and share feedback for further improvements.