Energy Dashboard and OVO Energy sensors

Over the weekend I’ve finally got around to adding the energy dashboard to my setup and am trying to configure it with the available OVO Energy sensors for electricity and gas consumption (and cost).

I’ve referenced this post but am left with several issues at the moment.

The OVO sensors update daily showing the previous daily consumption - gas updates at around 23:00, electricity around 02:00

I’ve wrapped the OVO sensors in utility_meter sensors for use in the energy dashboard.

gas_usage_daily:
    unique_id: gas_usage_daily
    source: sensor.ovo_last_gas_reading
    name: "Gas Usage Daily"
    cycle: daily
    offset:
      days: 1
  gas_cost_daily:
    unique_id: gas_cost_daily
    source: sensor.ovo_last_gas_cost
    name: "Gas Cost Daily"
    offset:
  gas_usage_monthly:
    unique_id: gas_usage_monthly
    source: sensor.ovo_last_gas_reading
    name: "Gas Usage Monthly"
    cycle: monthly
    offset:
  gas_cost_monthly:
    unique_id: gas_cost_monthly
    source: sensor.ovo_last_gas_cost
    name: "Gas Cost Monthly"
    offset:
  electricity_usage_daily:
    unique_id: electricity_usage_daily
    source: sensor.ovo_last_electricity_reading
    name: "Electricity Usage Daily"
    offset:
  electricity_cost_daily:
    unique_id: electricity_cost_daily
    source: sensor.ovo_last_electricity_cost
    name: "Electricity Cost Daily"
    offset:
  electricity_usage_monthly:
    unique_id: electricity_usage_monthly
    source: sensor.ovo_last_electricity_reading
    name: "Electricity Usage Monthly"
    offset:
  electricity_cost_monthly:
    unique_id: electricity_cost_monthly
    source: sensor.ovo_last_electricity_cost
    name: "Electricity Cost Monthly"
    offset:

However on viewing the energy dashboard I see the consumption displayed in hourly blocks (rather than daily):

How can I represent the data properly in the graph (daily blocks) based on the OVO sensors?

Worth noting that I’m waiting on a SMETS2 meter installation from OVO if that has bearing here.

Click the week or month view at the top of the energy dashboard. This will show a week or month of daily totals.

I’ve probably not expressed myself clearly - I understand the daily / weekly / monthly view functionality in the dashboard.

What I’m trying to understand is:

• How to make the daily view of the consumption represent the 24 hours consumption that the ovo sensor’s single update actually includes
  • How to ensure that the pattern of Ovo sensor updates (gas at 1 hour before the end of the day it represents, electricity 2 hours into the day after the day it represents) is correctly adjusted by the utility meter wrapper to ensure the data is placed within the day it represents.
    e.g OVO electricity sensor update at 02:00 25-Sep holds data for full day 24-Sep
    OVO gas sensor update at 23:15 24-Sep (I assume UTC but haven’t checked) holds full day 24-Sep

If your sensors only update once a day you are only going to get the one hour that received the update showing a total. You can’t split that up over a day with a utility meter.

The utility meter only updates when the source sensor updates.

Ah ok - thanks for clarifying. At least I can stop spinning my wheels on that one.

I’ll have to see if the smart meter installation changes anything when installed at the end of next week