Energy Dashboard - Compare

The compare in the energy dashboard is nice, but if I show the data for a month and do the compare it compares with the previous month. What I would like to see is a compare with the same month last year, so that I can easily see how much more or less energy I use than during the same days last year. So on January 6th, 2024 (today) I would like to see the comparison with January 2023. Comparing with December 2023, as it is now, doesn’t make that much sense, especially when it’s f.e. September and it’s being compared with, the usually over here slightly hotter, August.

Select the year view to compare months. It can seem unintuitive unless you realise that

• the year view shows monthly totals
  • the monthly and weekly views show daily totals
  • the daily view shows hourly totals

Thank you for your reply, Tom.

That is an option I’m aware of and I use it occassionally but it would be nice if you can compare the current month with the same month last year to track differences. So compare Jan 1st 2024 with Jan 1st 2023 etc.

3 Likes

I can only agree on that.
It would be really cool if the energy dashboard would provide the possibility for such comparisons.
I miss that feature also very much and all my friends which using HASS as well.

Of course the “yearly” is currently the way to go, but then i see only the whole months. If i want to compare an shorter period with the same period from the last year thats not possible. But this is very interesting if i want compare heating or cooling for statistical reasons.

Absolutly killer feature would be of course to select even the year for comparison.

1 Like

More usefull then would be to pick what is previous, so you can compare 2024 with 2022 if that is a better fit that 2023, or if you want to compare Monday with the previous Friday, because weekends are different. My vote is for that.

This would be a fantastic feature. For the first dataset you could select a time range (e.g. May to Octobre 2024), for the additional datasets you only define the offsets (e.g. 1 year, 2 years, 6 month, 100 days).

This is exactly what I am looking for as well. Would be awesome to have a card displaying e,g. the two or even three last year’s values for May. This makes more sense as Dick already pointed out.

Hi

I am also looking for a feature like you describe.

I have another app which does this nicely.
Maybe this can be used for a solution design.

It also shows the % difference.

Hi, is there a way to have the energy dashboard record load per phase in a 3 phase inverter system?

This is not a help topic. It is a feature request. Please start a new topic asking your question.

I like a beter comparison also, i’m recording data for over 3 year.
I would realy like to compare seperate mon’t through time.

so january 2022, 2023 and 2024 it would be great if there would be more flexibility in the comparison.