Energy Dashboard error. Constant loading

For the last couple of days I receive no information on my energy dashboard.

This is what I see all the time, even after waiting more than 2 hours:

I’ve searched the forums, youtube and google but I can’t find this specific issue.

I’ve cleared my cache but nothing seems to bring it to life.

Please help!

Check Settings → System → Logs for errors.

Also Developer Tools → Statistics, see if there are any FIX ISSUE buttons for you to press.

Thanks for this. I get this issue with no idea how to solve:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/sensor/init.py:737
integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16 April 2024 at 18:57:12 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 16 April 2024 at 18:57:12

That’s only part of the error. Click on the error in the log then click on the copy button in the pop-up. Paste the full error here.

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/sensor/init.py:737
integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16 April 2024 at 18:57:12 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 16 April 2024 at 18:57:12

Entity sensor.utility_meter (<class ‘homeassistant.components.utility_meter.sensor.UtilityMeterSensor’>) is using native unit of measurement ‘W’ which is not a valid unit for the device class (‘energy’) it is using; expected one of [‘MJ’, ‘Wh’, ‘GJ’, ‘kWh’, ‘MWh’]; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Entity sensor.utility_daily (<class ‘homeassistant.components.utility_meter.sensor.UtilityMeterSensor’>) is using native unit of measurement ‘W’ which is not a valid unit for the device class (‘energy’) it is using; expected one of [‘MJ’, ‘Wh’, ‘GJ’, ‘kWh’, ‘MWh’]; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Entity sensor.from_grid (<class ‘homeassistant.components.integration.sensor.IntegrationSensor’>) is using native unit of measurement ‘kWmin’ which is not a valid unit for the device class (‘energy’) it is using; expected one of [‘MJ’, ‘Wh’, ‘GJ’, ‘kWh’, ‘MWh’]; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Entity sensor.home_usage_today (<class ‘homeassistant.components.integration.sensor.IntegrationSensor’>) is using native unit of measurement ‘kWd’ which is not a valid unit for the device class (‘energy’) it is using; expected one of [‘MJ’, ‘Wh’, ‘GJ’, ‘kWh’, ‘MWh’]; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

This is what I get. I can remember setting it up but can’t see it anywhere to change the settings

Looks like you are trying to feed power sensors to utility meters. They only take energy sensors.

If you set them up via the UI I don’t think there’s a way to edit them. You’ll have to delete them and make new ones.

Thanks Tom, does that mean deleting them from my cards?

No. That only deletes them from your dashboard.

You have to delete the helper, where you set it up.

Settings → Devices & Services → Helpers.

I deleted all these the other day and have no helpers now

Do you have any utility meters defined in YAML?

YAML isn’t something I’ve explored. When i go to Developer Tools the YAML page appears. When I click check configuration it states configuration will not prevent Home Assistant from starting.

When I click on States and search Utility nothing appears so I assume I have set a YAML for the utility meter

*Have not set a YAML

Then go to Developer Tools → Statistics and see if there are any issues for you to fix.

Have you tried restarting Home Assistant since you deleted the utility meters?

Keep restarting but just have again with no change.

It’s the menu in the top right that’s concerning me as I can’t get to any settings if its looking for the wrong sensor.

Also, would it matter that I have the HA app running on my phones? Would that be interfering in any way?

In Settings - Dashboard it states unknow error and displays a back button

Only way I could solve this was to restore from a backup