Energy dashboard layout bunched up to the left

My energy dashboard’s layout went all weird all of a sudden. The graphs are pushed to the left, leaving a lot of blank space on the right. The normal buttons to choose, Day, Week, Month are also gone. Any ideas what the issue is?

It’s card-mod. There’s an update available to fix this unwanted effect on the energy dashboard. Clear your cache and reload after updating it.

2 Likes

Pulling this one up since I am still facing this (and have ignored it for a while). I am on the latest HA release

• Core2024.3.3
  • Supervisor2024.03.1
  • Operating System12.1
  • Frontend20240307.0

I didn’t have card mod installed recently, though I might have had it in the past so reinstalled the latest 3.4.3 release and restarted HA and cleared the cache. Still the Energy Dashboard of my instance is skewed to the left.

Any advise on how to trace this and fix it?

Check in /config/custom_components are you 100% card-mod is not there?

I reinstalled it and removed it once more.

After cleaning the cache I can see the energy dashboard in full for about 60 seconds, then the page reloads and the content is again only displayed on the left side of the window.

my custom_components has following subfolders:

watchman
ui_lovelace_minimalist
moonraker
hacs
dwd
browser_mod

I wonder if browser_mod could be the issue here?

Make sure they are all up to date.

they are. HACS isn’t showing any pending updates. Are there any logs related to the GUI I could take look?

Well it won’t if you have the wrong repository. Browser mod in particular is now called browser mod 2, though I don’t know for sure if the repository changed. Where does the “repository” link in HACS take you (click on the integration card in HACS, it’s then the first option in the three dots menu).

Removed Browser mod (Repo was pointing to the right GitHub), restarted, cleared the cache.
When I start the browser (Chrome and Safari) I get the Dashboard in full screen, but still after approx. 1 - 2 minutes the page refreshes and pushes the content to the left, without me pressing any buttons.

for the records - Had to remove the UI-Lovelace-Minimalist theme. Looks like it was also using card-mod and seems that there isn’t active development since November 2023.
Energy Dashboard looks good now, with the caveat that I am stuck with the stock UI.