Energy Dashboard names customisable

what is that cute energy distribution visualisation?

Did you work this out, as i cant see my heatpump entity either?

I agree that the ability to add the heat pump natively to the Energy dashboard is a good idea.

Have used the sanky Distibution card, but where did you get the other cards from?

No, I did not do anything special. Just a regular kWh energy consumption entity.
Look if your entity has the following attributes:

state_class: total_increasing
unit_of_measurement: kWh
device_class: energy

Hello,

I would also like to rename gas to heat pump or heating on the power distribution card.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you.

1 Like

How do you show the Energy Use (hourly) in the dashboard?

The title itself reminds me of a similar problem, but not related to titles: entity names in HA tend to be very descriptive, since they are used in a bunch of places. However, in an Energy dashboard, it’s redundant to have a bunch of entities with “energy” (or similar expressions) on it.

It would be awesome if we could rename entities only for that dashboard, or even more, have contextual names and icons for the same entities throughout HA. E.g. I want my heater automations to have a coil icon on the automations list, but on the washroom dashboard, they must be more specific, showing timer icons, and also don’t need to state “bathroom heater”, just “heater” etc).

I also have a heat pump and listed it under the ‘Individual devices’ section?
What’s the benefit of adding it as a ‘Gas’ consuming entity? Might do the same then.

if you set a price/cost you can know how much it costs you

bump
Customisable names would be great, you have my vote since I notice that it’s isn’t implemented yet. My entity names are very descripitive, for searching(/finding) reasons:

Would love to simplify this to custom text. Maybe even add a summation option and a percentage-option for each entity?

I still have setup in the picture at the bottom, doing HA cleanup as the year starts, did we at least get rid of the “energy” at the end of individual device names in the list?

I do not mind having yaml, but then lot of other stuff is just in database, so backing up yaml is not enough and it becomes kinda mess fo not overly organized ppl, ie. me.

Since I have two complete separate power meters (even the billing is coming from separate power grid vendors), one for the heatpump and one for the rest of the house, I was thinking about the option to rename the gas as well. But after a few more thoughts, I think it is actually not a correct to have it displayed that way.

In my opinion it would make more sense to extend the whole dashboard with the possibility to add dedicated heating devices. I know some people owning hybrid heating systems that run on gas and on electricity for the heatpump. In Germany this is even becomming king of a requirement now, that if you replace your gas system it needs to be a hybrid solution.
That´s why I think it is needed to think bigger and add dedicated heating devices and then assign them to individual sources like gas or power consumtion.

Hope my explaination is understandable? :sweat_smile:

What is your suggestion? Where do I add it when it’s energy but not gas and I want it in my energy dashboard? I cannot understand why gas should be the only option for heating besides electricity and why it is not possible to offer an option to change the name. If this is not possible, then I would like an alternative for district heating to be created.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/energy-dashboard-names-customisable/426570/11?u=tom_l