Energy Dashboard Not Showing Correct Values

I’m using the energy dashboard to track water usage.
I have 2 water meters configured - one for hot water and one for cold water.
They both have similar definitions (pls see the example).
Although both sensors show the correct value, one of them is shown in the Energy Dashboard.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this would be much appreciated.

mqtt:
  sensor:
    - name: "Cold Water Meter"
      unique_id: "wmbusmeter_xyz"
      state_topic: "wmbusmeters/water/xyz"
      device_class: water
      state_class: total_increasing
      unit_of_measurement: m³
      value_template: '{{ value_json["total_m3"] }}'
      icon: "mdi:water-pump"```

The sensor configuration looks correct, but check that the used unique_id’s are not the same.

they’re not, while I haven’t used a UUID generator here, I’ve used ‘wmbusmeter_’+serial_number which gives me a unique value in my local context.
I’ve just discovered that both my cold water and warm water entities (which are mqtt sensors) are being updated once per 24h, my cold water meter is being updated every night at 23:50 and my warm water meter - every morning ~2am… but this probably has nothing to do with HA anyway. I need to dig deeper.

After some digging in the meter logs it looks like the Energy Dashboard is displaying the correct info as received by the MQTT sensors, so there is no HA issue.
For me it remains unclear why both my water meters are updated only once per 24h period, usually during the night, but I’ll take this discussion to wmbusmeters.

Most probably the utility company has limited my meters so that they report the usage only once per 24h so there is no HA issue.